6

Another week has passed, and yet another invitation was sent to Blair to visit her parents.

"Mom, I can visit you some other time."

"No, you are not. Come to the house, we'll see you in about 20-30 minutes."

"But why? Are you setting Kevin and I up again?"

"No, not this time... Your father and I need help in packing out. Your older sister is due soon and won't be able to do anything. The keys are under the doormat."

Blair sighed, signalling her defeat. "Okay, I will do that. I'm coming soon."

"Thank you, dear. You are such a sweetheart."

Blair frowned. She has never given her compliments. "Mom, what's going on?"

"Nothing, you don't have to worry. Oh! And also, put on something beautiful, we are going somewhere."

Blair thinks for a bit. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, you must. Hurry." Her mother then hung up.

Blair groans in frustration. Alessia pops her head by the door frame. "What happened?"

"My mom wants me to help her pack some stuff from the house, they are moving out."

"Now? But it's 10 in the evening."

"She even said I need to wear something pretty because we are going somewhere. She even complimented me."

A frown formed on Alessia's face. "That's strange, are you going though?"

"Yeah, think so."

Alessia then shrugged. "You do you." And she left the room.

Blair dragged her feet to bed and flopped onto it. She rolled onto her back, thinking if she should go or not. Letting out a sigh, she went anyway.

Blair looked through her wardrobe and found something casual, yet appropriate for whatever event she would attend later.

She entered the car and left.

A while later, she was outside the house. She found the key her mother said it was and entered the house.

She looked around, noticing that there was no difference here. That's strange.

Blair headed to the kitchen and opened the cupboards, and supplies were still there. She frowned, perplexed on what was going on. She then opened the fridge, and it was still filled with food.

"Why are foods still here?"

10 minutes later, Blair, quite confused as she looked around the occupied house: clothes were still in wardrobes, plates, and utensils in drawers. The only things missing were towels, suitcases, and documents. Were they travelling instead?

Blair headed back to the living room and called her mother.

The phone picked up. "Hello?"

"Mom, are you travelling somewhere?"

"What? Why do you ask?"

"There are many items in this place. Is it today you're moving out from here?"

It was silent on the other end.

"Mom? Can you hear me? Hello?"

"When we reach there, you will understand."

Her mother hung up the phone, adding even more questions into Blair's head.

She called her mother back, but it went to voicemail. Blair gave up when it entered voice mail for a third time. She sat on a sofa and waited for them to come.

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. Oh, finally they are here. She stood up and walked down the hallway, and opened the front door. A tall woman came into view.

Blair stared at the unfamiliar stranger in front of her. "How can I help you?" she asked. Where in the world were her parents at?

"Are you Miss Anderson?" The woman asked.

Blair leaned on the door. She confusingly and suspiciously gazed up at the really tall woman with a suit in front of her and folded her arms across her chest.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Blair asked.

The woman stepped into the house without a word. And almost immediately, two men followed.

"Hold on, can you tell me what you are doing here first?"

The woman didn't listen and headed straight to the living room with men not far behind. Blair quickly followed and stood in front of the lady.

"Stop, you haven't told me what you are doing here?"

The woman just gazed down at Blair before she signaled the men and they both went in two different directions, looking around, checking everywhere as if searching for something.

"Miss Anderson, are your parents around?"

"I won't answer until you tell who you are."

The woman's eyes widened in shock. "I truly am sorry about that, that completely left my mind. My name is Eva," she said. Her gaze was soft.

It took Blair off guard by the sudden change of attitude. "Uh, it's okay. What is your purpose here, anyway?"

Eva opened her mouth to speak, but she was interrupted by more people entering the house. And the person who stood out the most among all of them was the one in the front. He had a long black trench coat with a black shirt, his hair braided into a braid going halfway down his back, and he was wearing shades.

He pushed up his glasses to reveal his bright and stoic green eyes.

Ameo.