85

Blair ran to the bathroom and emptied her stomach into the toilet. For what seemed like forever, she gasped for air, trying to steady herself.

In the past few weeks, she had been emptying her stomach of her own accord; she found it as entertainment because that was the only thing she had control over; whether or not the food would stay in.

However, her stomach had started to do strange things on its own in recent days. She would vomit whenever she was given a kind of certain food, but she couldn't complain about it.

Blair managed to stand up from the toilet and used her fingers to count when her period was. Her eyes widened in shock when finding out that she hadn't had her period for over 4 months.

Blair looked down to stomach and rubbed it. She was pregnant...? A sense of joy lit up in her as she rubbed a tiny bump that she just seemed to notice now. It was a very tiny perhaps because she hasn't been eating, should she force herself to eat more for the baby's sake?

But the light dimmed within her when the realisation of the situation she was in came down on her like a bucket of cold water. Her eyes widened in horror, blood rushed to her head and her face paled. She was pregnant!

Her breath became rapid, and she didn't know what to do. She had to get rid of it, she must get rid of it. Ameo would use this pregnancy against her to seal her fate here and she was going to go insane the longer she stayed here.

Andrew looked around the mansion as he stepped in. He was here for a meeting with Ameo. It has been a long while since he came. It used to be so busy and bustling, but now everything was silent, and the workers looked like they were living in constant fear.

He followed Ameo to the third floor, and it was much quieter. Where was Blair? She usually went around here. He had tried to call her phone, but it always led to voicemail or was switched off.

An hour later, the meeting finished, but Blair was nowhere to be found.

"Ameo, where is Blair?"

Ameo didn't bother looking at him. "She's busy."

Andrew didn't like that response, but didn't press for more info. Ameo then stood up to grab something from his office and told Andrew he would be back soon.

Not even a second later, Andrew spotted Blair hiding behind a pillar. Why was she there?

"Hey, kornah, I can see you."

With a bit of hesitation, she came to view. And Andrew frowned when he noticed she looked...off. Her clothes looked too big for her body and her face looked exhausted. Has she been sick?

In the meantime, Ameo was looking through some documents when he heard something that made him pause. It was Blair's voice. Her laughter.

Blair let out another genuine small giggle at Andrew's comment. But that tiny sense of glee vanished away, her smile was gone, replaced with fear and regret.

"Blair? Why are you looking like that?" Andrew followed her gaze, which landed on Ameo staring at her with an unreadable expression.

She stood up and scurried away.

Andrew also stood up. "Hey Blair! Where are you going?" He called after her, but she was long gone. He looked back at Ameo who just sat on a chair and took a sip of white wine from his wine cup like nothing had happened.

"Ameo, what in the world just happened back there? Why is she behaving that way?"

"What are you talking about?" Ameo asked in confusion. It looked genuine, but we all knew the devil within. He leaned against the chair with his now empty wine glass.