31

Ameo stepped inside, forcing her to move back, and he closed the door behind him, his eyes never leaving her.

"I... I can explain."

"Of course you can." His eyes descended to her body. His sweater looked like an oversized dress. And with her long hair let down, it made her look even smaller in his eyes. "Why are you here this time, Blair?"

His gaze went up to meet hers, and all her boldness and confidence withered when alone with Ameo. "I-I was just curious about where you sleep."

That was the dumbest she had said yet.

The corner of his lips lifted; she was still cautious around him. Even though she was bold yesterday, it was nothing but a facade as soon as they were both alone.

"And why is that any business of yours?" He ignored her pathetic attempt to cover the truth and stepped closer, she retreated immediately.

"I—"

She stumbled backward and landed on his bed with a shriek. Blair watched wide eyes as Ameo towered over her. He looked more amused than annoyed. Could she take advantage of it?

"I'm sorry for entering without permission, it was an accident..."

Silence befell them for a long, unbearable time before his faint smile cracked into a full-blown chuckle.

"I didn't know that memorising the code, entering my wardrobe and putting on my clothes could be an accident. That's completely new to me."

She bit her lip, lost in thought about how she could escape such a messy situation. She cursed herself for not checking the time sooner, if she had known, she would be long gone by now.

"Blair."

His voice cut through her thoughts, she looked her eyes up to him. His amused smile and the mischievous glint in his eyes were gone and replaced with a neutral, more stoic expression.

"What was your motive here?" His voice left no place for any excuse or misleading.

"I was bored and curious..."

"Bored and curious." He narrowed his eyes on her, not convinced.

"Yes, I had nothing to do here a-and doing this was very fun, so I did it." She stared at her lap, not wanting to see his frowned face.

"You should have told me." His voice pitched down to a less harsh tone.

She raised her bewildered eyes to him. "I could do that?"

His stern face softened, with a ghost of a smile floating on his lips. "Have you asked yet? It will make a huge difference, you know?"

She hid her face and blushed scarlet. "Oh, I-I didn't think that far..." she sheepishly stated, fiddling with her fingers.

"Do you want to go out? I heard you haven't eaten lunch yet."

"N-no, I-I'm not hungry, so there's no need to—"

A growl interrupted her, and Ameo cast a glance down. "It seems like your stomach would disagree," he said.

"You really don't need to worry—"

"But I need to, the well-being of my house is at stake with you being around."

Blair's brow shot up and her mouth formed an O with the reasoning of his suggestion.

"Go downstairs and change for the better... clothes," he stated and not-so-subtly gesturing to her current attire.

"I couldn't find my clothes, so I had to wear this." She fidgeted with the ends of the shirt.