61

The next five days, Blair wasn't allowed to leave her room, let alone the entire building.

Alder was getting annoyed with how he still had his subordinates whispering about Blair. Even after he forbade her from leaving the house, her presence had already affected him and others.

Anytime he came home, he would ask Alina if Blair had eaten, but he never came to visit her throughout. There was tension around the house, and everyone could feel it.

But the sixth day differed more than the other days when Ameo stormed into the mansion.

"Blair!"

The workers flinched and scattered in an instant, none willing to risk receiving his wrath if they were to stay.

Philip nervously glanced at him. "Sir, did Miss Blair do something wrong?"

Ameo ignored his question and took the stairs and reached the third floor. How dare those idiots speak about her with that kind of admiration. Were they trying to get decapitated? Thankfully, his metolla was at home and not in the company, otherwise he would have fucked her right there to prove that she was completely his own to have.

He needed to claim her again to reassure himself that she was his. He craved that satisfaction and he needed her to give him just that.

Ameo strode down the hallway to the living room, and couldn't find Blair there.

He then found a servant passing by. "Natal, where's Blair?"

She flinched by the sound of his voice and looked at him.

"She... she's inside her room, sir."

Ameo then remembered that he had locked her in there. He cursed himself before heading toward her room. He unlocked the door, hesitated, and he flung it open. Blair abruptly sat up from the bed.

A thick blanket was wrapped around her body from the neck down, her head popping out of the hole. Her thick hair was all fluffy and her big hazel eyes were staring back at him with a surprised yet panicked expression, as if she was happy to see him, but also he had just caught her doing something bad.

He walked into the room and closed the door, his eyes still fixated on her. She looked so small.

Ameo stepped closer to her, his eyes darkened to forest green. The intensity heightened as he pinned her with his gaze.

"Afternoon, Blair."

She frowned and turned away from him, curling herself up under her yellow fluffy blanket that had become her favourite.

He sighed before approaching her and sat at the edge of the bed. She was silent, but he already knew that she was awake.

"Happy birthday, Blair."

Again, he was only met with silence from her end. He couldn't even see her face. And when he pulled away the blanket, her back was facing him.

He caressed her hair. "You can't keep quiet forever."

He moved her hair away to expose the straps of her top. Pulling the strings, he planted soft kisses across her exposed shoulder. He pulled down her top to gain more access for his lips to brush her back.

"I'm sorry."

Blair clenched her eyes to stop herself from shivering as he moved to her neck. But unfortunately, a small moan made itself known through her lips.

He chuckled and turned her around to face him. "I know you can't stay angry with me for that long."

She loosened the surrounding blanket, her eyes stared up at him. "You... you are actually here. What are you doing here?" Her voice was soft to his hearing.