54

Ameo woke up the next morning before Blair did. He looked at her as she was deep asleep beside him as she always did and nothing will change.

For the first time, he was now actually inspecting her. Those previous times, he just dressed up and walked out with not that much thought of her. And now she was lying on her back, the delicate movements of her chest while breathing with her ample breasts on display. Her long, vibrant orange hair tangled all over, covering most of her face. Her rosy skin, filled with faint freckles like tiny golden petals sprinkled all over her.

Blair frowned in her sleep and turned to her side, facing Ameo and a flabby sigh escaped from her lips. Ameo raised and placed a gentle hand on her flushed cheek. She's so warm. He pinched it slightly and pulled on it, noticing it was more soft and fuller. She seemed to eat well too.

Before he could stop himself, he started touching her. His fingers brushed her neck, that lined with the round curvature of her shoulder. He moved to her waist and gave it a tight squeeze. Blair groaned in irritation in her sleep.

"So fucking ugly."

He mumbled as she grimaced and he poked at her double chin. Ameo then resumed disturbing her sleep again. ‌He found the way her body reacted in response very fascinating and he didn't know why.

Blair tossed and turned, very uncomfortable and attempting to move away from whatever was troubling her.

He brushed her hair away, wanting to see more of her face. "What a deep sleeper. She must have been exhausted," he said to himself and watched Blair as her frowned face became at ease.

Ameo got out of bed, took a shower and dressed up. He walked out of the room with Blair still sleeping.

Ameo came down the stairs and to the hallway, was greeted by workers, and headed out through the front door after taking the elevator, where there was a car waiting for him outside. Philip was also waiting for him by the car door.

"Good morning, Mr Adler," Philip addressed and opened the back door.

"Good morning to you too, Philip. How are you and your wife doing?"

"We're doing fine, thank you for–" Philip stopped mid-sentence and looked at Ameo with a worried expression.

"What is it?"

"Sir, with all due respect, but you never... say good morning or anything at all. Did something happen?" he asked with concern in his eyes.

Ameo thought for a moment before he spoke. "Nothing special in particular. Maybe I'm just in a good mood."

What Ameo said took Philip by surprise. "You are in a good mood? As in, you are happy?"

Ameo stayed silent, a small genuine smile forming on his lips.

"Yeah, I think I'm happy. I'm happy," he said, but more to himself than anyone else. "Let's get going, now."

Philip entered the car, and they went to the company.

Ameo entered his company and his workers greeted him as he headed to the congress meeting. Everyone noticed how Ameo was slow to annoy; he had an incredible patience whenever someone made a mistake.

This went on through the whole day until he was heading to the last meeting of the day.

As he was walking through the marble floored corridor, the actualization dawned on Ameo like a bucket of cold water. She said she loved him. Blair loved him.

"Mr. Adler."

Since when did she love him to begin with?

"Um, Sir? Where are you–"