Chapter 51: Go to hell... /Romeo

"Okay so, my house on New year's right?" I ask.

"Unless you want it at mine." Cordelia says.

        After the long car ride home, we are still talking about this stupid party. It's been like four hours and I would punch Pocket if she wasn't so pretty, or my girlfriend, or a girl. Okay, so I realize now that I would not hit Cordelia and that this stupid talk of parties, is making me hallucinate. 

"Let's have it here, since my house is bigger." I shrug.

"Okay, but it's like seven, and we have school tomorrow, so I should go." Cordelia says.

        Oh god. School, I totally forgot that tomorrow is Monday. Why do weekends only last like, twelve seconds? Well next year I'll be a senior and I'm out of here.

        Pocket leaned over to kiss me, and for a second we did, but I had to stop her before we got any closer to what happened yesterday.

        When I pulled away I saw the disappointment, shine in her eyes. I had mixed emotions about everything that her and I have been through, and, not been through. I would have never turned any other girl away if they tried to come onto me like that, but with Cordelia, I don't know. I just had this twinge inside of me that she was rushing herself to get on my level or something. I hated that she felt she had to do that for me. 

        I didn't know how I was supposed to deal with something like that. How do I love her and push her away? How do I push her away without lowering her self-esteem? I couldn't help but think of how it would be if I didn't stop her, If I had just rode the wave all the way to the beach. These are the questions I asked myself as I drove Pocket to the house of hell. 

        Well I shouldn't say "house of hell" I mean if the devil lived in a church he would just be the devil and the church is still a church. If you paint a brown toad green, it doesn't make him a frog. I just hated the idea of her walking right into the house that Dave occupies. Pocket insists that Dave is away a lot, which just means that she's alone.  

        I can't be with her all of the time, which means I can't protect her all the time. That fact, and that fact alone could slowly eat away and kill me. I look over at Cordelia and she doesn't even notice, she just lives life in the shadows. 

        To my dislike Dave was at the house waiting in front of the window. God I really hate that guy. Before I could get my seat belt off Dave had already dashed out of the house in a light jog and popped open the door to my trunk. I paused as he grabbed Cordelia's things and shuffled back into the house.

"Um what the hell was that?" I ask.

"Nothing, I better just go inside." She says as she quickly walks out of the car. 

"Um, okay..." I say raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." She says hopping back in the car to kiss me on the lips.

"Goodbye." I call after her.

"I'll text you later!" She calls as she hops inside.

"What the hell just happened?" I whisper as I back onto the road.

        I just need to sleep. I slowly pull off my shoes and walk up the stairs with my pants only half off. I sprawl out on my bed and fall asleep just like that. So when I wake up to my phone alarm going off I realize that I barely have time to shower. 

        My eyes pop open, and I run towards my bathroom to shower. I tear off my jeans and rush into the shower. I start washing my hair when I look down and realize that I still have my socks on.