Chapter 13: She looked so perfect./ Romeo

I pulled into her driveway, I was so nervous. What if she didn't like my outfit? What if my hair made me look like a douche? She stepped out of her door and my mouth literally popped open. I opened the car door for her, I was about to tell her how amazing she looked when she asked me. " Do I look okay?" Did she really just ask that? Has she looked in a mirror lately? " Yeah, you look kinda amazing." I said shyly. " Well you also kinda look amazing." She said smiling. 

        She pulled herself into my black SUV, but before she shut the door her shoe fell off. "Oh." She said. "It's okay, I got it." I say picking up the shoe. I lift my head, my eyes unconsciously follow the length of her smooth legs as I gently grab her ankle and shift the shoe on, her eyes light up. "Such a gentleman!" She says slyly. "So where are we going?" She looks at me expectantly. "This might be weird but if it's okay with you I'd like you to meet my mother." I say, risking a glance at her my eyes trailing down to her cleavage. "Sure, I'd love that." She says smiling, I adjust my eyes to her face. "Then after that it's a surprise."

        We sit in my car making small talk on the drive to my house, well I wouldn't say small talk. She's firing questions at me like her life depends on it, and I'm doing my best to answer as honest and as quick as I can.

"Do you plan on going to college?" She asks excitedly.

"Yes." I say with  out even thinking. 

"Good answer. What do you plan to be?" She asks.

" A police officer." I respond quickly. A look of approving and shock falls over her face like a blanket.

"Really? What are your thoughts on premarital sex? She says looking serious now.

" I think that if the couple is ready and have talked it over it's fine." I hope that wasn't to vague, I think to myself. She rest her hand on my shoulder.

" I respect your honesty and I'm glad that even if you are uncomfortable you can honestly answer truthfully." She says. 

I smile, "Who said you're making me uncomfortable?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Oh," She says laughing and a rosy blush spreads to her cheeks. "I just assumed..." She trails off.

"I'm actually having a great time." I say taking her hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze, I look down and smile at her hot pink nail polish. 

"The toes match." She says motioning to the nail polish. 

"But of course a lady of your high status must have matching toes to her nails." I say mockingly.

She laughs.

"We're here." I say, releasing her hand.

        I move out of the car and walk over to her door and open it, I take her hand as she steps out. She trips on her way out the door projecting herself towards the ground. I catch her swinging her upwards. " Gotcha!" I say laughing, I slowly lean towards her our eyes locked. I block out the world around us and focus my everything on her. She stands up and I hold her in my arms unwavering. My lips barely brush hers when I hear my mother come outside.

        She sighs pulling away, I wrap my arm arm her waist and rest my hand on her hip. 

"Mom, this is Athena." I say gesturing to the frail girl I have tucked at my side. She looks up at me, I wink.

This is good, really good...