Chapter 3: God man, she's a hottie! / Romeo

I slowly shake her hand, it's probably the best handshake of my life, not to brag or anything but she was amazing, and when she smiled I almost passed out. Her face saddened a bit as she asked me if I was alright. Her voice! Oh God her voice, it was like cookie dough ice cream for my ears! How was there this much beauty in one living creature?

        "I'm fine," I say, my voice cracks and I clear my throat."I think the real question here is are you alright?"

I pulled my hand away sensing her discomfort and wiped it on my jeans, I was sweating bullets. She once again wiped her nose with the back of her hand and cleaned up her eyes, before saying.         "I'm fine it's just the smell." I turned away now self conscious of my odor. " No, no not you, it's just.... downstairs."

         I knew what she meant: the alcohol I smelled it too, but for some reason I was unable to bring words to my mouth. So I sat there looking totally idiotic, and just stared and smiled. She smiled back.

        "What?" she asked. 

        Nothing," I said, glancing my direction elsewhere. "You're just..." 

        " A mess?" She replied playfully.

        "No!" I replied quickly, she flinched." I'm sorry, it's just, you're so beautiful." Dumb move, she looked pissed.

        " Really? A pick up line? You just met me and that's what you go with?" She snapped.

        " No I didn't mea-"  She cut me off.

        "You boys are pathetic hitting on innocent girls with low self of steams just so you have a better chance of taking them home, God! All you men are pigs!" She screamed, and stormed away. I grabbed her wrist.

        " No, I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come out like that." I said holding her in place with her back pressed against the door frame, I moved closer, She smelled like warm toasted marshmallows and vanilla. Two of my favorite things. Dumb move. She smacked me, hard and fast like a viper.

        "OW! What the hell was that for!?!" I said. Instinctively grabbing my face. "That really hurt!"

        She gasped and held her hand to her chest. " I'm so... I don't know where that came from, I'm so sorry." 

I looked at her face and I knew she truly meant it, and I felt bad for her. Like really bad. 

"It's okay." I said. She reached up to touch my face. I flinched. Her touch was soothing it almost felt like it was, I don't know, healing me? Is that even possible?