Chapter 4: It was like a slap to the face. / Athena

Oh my god I smacked him! I barely even knew him and I smacked the shit out of his face. He smelled me, all I could think of when he leaned in was, DAVE! DAVE! DAVE! It was a reflex to hit him. My shitty step dad wasn't his fault and I had hit him for one of the smallest things.

         I gently laid my hand on his cheek he winced, but didn't pull away. I looked deep into those crystal blue eyes. What the hell was I doing? I don't know, but I love it. I have a connection to this boy. I run a washcloth under cold water and  hold it to his cheek, he places his hand over top of mine. I smile as he brushes his thumb over my hand.

"Thanks."  his voice sent chills down my spine. 

        Our eyes met and he smiled. I shook my head slightly to bring me out of this daze.

"So, ummm, how did you get a name like Romeo anyway?" I asked teasingly.

"My mom is a literature major she teaches at the college," he said. "She decided that Romeo was heroic and she wanted her son to be like that blah blah."

I smirked and pulled the washcloth from his face to add more more water.

        "Well would you like to hear something ironic?" I ask.

"Sure." He responded.

"I have a cat named Romeo" 

"Hmmmmm seems kinda like fate to me." He mumbled.

I shrugged. "Maybe. You never know."