Chapter 34: Queen of Hearts./Cordelia

I tried on the little black dress and stepped out of the dressing room. Mrs. Apara made a twirl motion with her fingers.

"You look dashing Cordelia." She said.

"Do you think I should buy it?" I ask.

"I think you would look much better in white." She says eyeing the bridal store across from the store we currently occupied.

I smiled, "Well I guess you're right." I said holding out my hand for her to take hold. "Shall we?" 

"We shall." She stated plainly.

        Mrs. Apara and I walked into the boutique and were greeted by a tall brunette girl who looked to be in her early twenties.

"Hello." She said. "My name is Sandra, but you can call me Sandy."

"Well Sandy we would like to see your Sophia Tolli collection." Mrs. Apara say.

"Right this way." Sandy says leading us down a hallway.      

 My eyes widen in shock as I stumble back a little. "Mrs. Apara, how do you know about wedding dress designers?" I ask surprised. 

"I majored in fashion designing before I attended school to become a teacher." She says.

"Really." I asked intrigued.

"Yes." She says, "I studied abroad in Paris and London." She says modestly.

"And who is the bride today?" Sandy asks looking in my direction.

"Her!" Mrs. Apara and I say simultaneously.

"She means we both are." I say laughing. Sandy looks confused.

"Both?" She asks.

        Mrs. Apara and I nod as Sandy leads us into a large white room filled with big bags full of dresses hung on racks against the walls. Sandy motions to a particular section closed off from the rest.

"Here is the particular line you asked for miss, but feel free to look around." Sandy says smiling. "Call me if you need anything." 

        Sandy exits the room and Mrs. Apara ruffles through the dresses for a minute before pulling out a large dress.

"This is the one I would try on for your particular body shape." She says professionally.

        I nod and walk into the dressing room. I slowly undress, and soon comes a knock on the door.

"Can I help you with anything?" Sandy asks.

I shake my head and bring myself back to reality, "The zipper." I say sounding more surprised than I meant to.

"Okay." Sandy says gleefully. She walks in zips up my dress. "Your friend is out front if you're looking for her." 

"Thank you." I say smiling.

        She walks out as I turn to look at myself in the mirror. Wow. I look... I have no words.

I smile and walk out towards the front of the shop. I can hear Mrs. Apara talking to someone.

I walk out towards the front of the store. Romeo stares back at me with his mouth slightly ajar.

"Oh my god, Pocket." I heard Romeo whisper.

I smiled. "Hi Romeo." I said doing a small wave.

Just then Sandy walked in and a horrified expression struck her face.

"The groom can't see the bride in her dress!" She screamed waving her hands in the air frantically. "It's bad luck!" 

Before I could object Romeo interrupted me and looked at Sandy.

"She's right Pocket, I'll see you in ten okay?" He said kissing my cheek.

        A warm blush spread to my cheeks, as he walked away. I walked into the dressing room and removed the dress and put my own clothes back on. I expected to have to wait for Mrs. Apara, but to my surprise she was already out of the dressing room and talking to Sandy. When they saw me they stopped talking and just watched me walk up to them.

         I smiled. "Ready to go?" I asked.

"You go ahead dear." Mrs. Apara said. "I'm going to talk to Sandy about the new fall colors."

        I looked over at Sandy and she shook her head in confusion, Mrs. Apara just pressed her pointer finger to her lips and shook her head, "Oh" Sandy said winking. Mrs. Apara nodded. I raised my eyebrow in suspicion and walked out of the store to find Romeo. He was standing by the fountain buying a rose from the flower kiosk. I walked over to him and smiled.

"Well my oh my!" I said in my best southern accent. "You are quite the gentleman!"

"Only for you darlin' " Romeo said in a terrible attempt at an accent.

"Romeo." I said seriously. "That was a terrible accent, just awful." I said breaking into a grin.

"Have I ever told you I love you." He said wrapping his arm around me.

"Yes, but it is always nice to hear." I say sweetly.

"I love you." He said matter of factually.

"I love you too." I said kissing his nose.

He wrapped his fingers in mine and kissed the top of my head.

"Let's go get your mom." I say smiling.

"Sure thing wifey." He says nonchalantly.

"Did you just call me wifey?" I ask smiling.

"Well you were wearing a wedding dress, that you looked stunning in by the way." He says.

"Thank you, and it was your moms idea, we were just messing around." I say jokingly as we walk with our hands swinging at our sides.

        Romeo's mother walks out of the store and waves us over. 

"Let's go get some lunch." Mrs. Apara says.

        Romeo and I nod. After lunch we drive back to Romeo's and Mrs. Apara starts to head up the stairs with her bags in hand. 

"Wait!" I call after her. "Let's um, play cards." 

        She turns around midway up the stairs.

"Cards?" She asks questionably.

"Go fish?" I asks raising my hands.

 She smiles and nods. Soon we are all sitting around the coffee table on the large white sectional sofa. 

"Go fish!" I say smiling to Romeo's mother.

I turn to Romeo. "Queen of hearts?" I ask him.

"Yes you are." He says grinning devilishly.

I roll my eyes and just then the last person I would expect rushes through the door.

                                                                                                                Jack...