Chapter 27: Laser tag and Cordelia.

Naked, she was naked. That wasn't how I wanted to see Cordelia undressed for the first time. But boy oh boy, is my head filled with fantasies, hopes, and dreams now. Every time I looked over at her, my cheeks burned a red crimson. My eyes filled with a hidden, burning desire and my brain filled with shame.

        We all climbed into my SUV, I drove, Cordelia sat across from me and Jack and Hannah sat in the back seat. Cordelia and I interlocked our fingers as I drove. When we got to the laser tag place I pulled out my wallet to pay, so did Cordelia. 

"No." I say.

"Let me do it!" She laughing.

"Look over there." I say pointing to a claw machine, she looks I smack her wallet out of her and and quickly hand the cashier a 50. 

"No." Cordelia says, squinting her eyes to read the girls name tag. It read, Hello my name is Janet.

"Janet." Cordelia says. "Give him back that money and let me pay." 

        Janet looks confused, I shake my head, as if to say No. She looks at Cordelia, "Are you sure?" She asks. She looks over at me, and I put on my best stubborn face. She rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Never-mind." She says a hint of annoyance rings in her voice.

I wrap my arm around her shoulders and kiss the top of her head. Janet hands us all a black vest, and a plastic gun.

"You can only get shot twice, then you go out the exit door okay?" Janet informs us, we all nod. 

        We decide to divide into two teams, Cordelia and I, and Jack and Hannah.

Cordelia was a fucking ninja! She shot Jack and Hannah twice within 5 minutes.  "Please exit through the door on your right labelled exit." Janet's voice comes in from over the speakers. We walk out.

"Yeah, that's my girl!" I say cheering, I wrap my arms around Cordelia's waist and lift her into the air. 

"Woo!" Cordelia screams raising her fist. I smile and pull her close to me. My lips melt into hers and I wrap my arms around her waist, her hands rest on my chest.

"Get a room!" Jack calls.

        I roll my eyes and press my forehead against Cordelia's. "We will continue this later." I say.

She kisses my nose."Or so you think." She winks and walks away.

                                        I say a silent prayer, and thank god that I have her.