Chapter 45: What if it were like this, always? / Romeo

"And you're coming with me." Cordelia says, as if I had a choice.

"Well, I guess you should call before you, you know, bust in there." I say making a pot of coffee.

"I'm on it." She says pulling the phone to her ear.

"Hi, I would like to make an appointment to see a patient of yours." Cordelia says, in a voice so cheery and fake it sounded like she had pulled a string on a doll. "Her name is Katrina Wilson." 

        Cordelia's face clouds and her lip curls down. I watch as anger creeps in her eyes and her brow furrows. 

"Well at what stage WILL she be ready for visitors?" Cordelia asks.

        I can her a monotone voice, who's cheeriness seems to be a tie with Cordelia's, even though the plethora of joy in Pocket's voice seems to be faltering and replaced with agitation.

"And when will that be?" She asks. "December what?" Cordelia bites her lip and nervously runs her fingers through her hair. "Okay, Thank you." Cordelia says smiling as if the person on the other end of the line could see her.

        Cordelia's angrily presses a button that I assume is to hang up the call. Her face is washed over with stress as she sets her phone down. I hand her a mug of coffee and walk over to the fridge to see if there is any creamer.

"December 14!" Cordelia shouts flustered.

"Calm down that's only like two weeks." Romeo says.

"I almost feel like two weeks isn't long enough." Cordelia says.

"What?" I ask confused.

"My mom just ruined my life. The last shreds of in denial I have are going to be ripped away in two weeks." Cordelia says.

"Well Dave should have told you." I say placing one hand on my hip because a cup of coffee occupies the other.

"I know." Cordelia says taking a sip of coffee. "This is awful!" 

"I have never made coffee in my life..." I say awkwardly. "I wanted you to taste it before I did in case it was gross."

"You little devil!" Cordelia says. "Drink some." 

        Cordelia hands out her cup to me. I shake my head and smile.

"Just a sip, taste your failure!" Cordelia says, smiling sweetly.

"I'd rather not." I say pushing her coffee mug filled hand.

        I watch as Cordelia sets the mug on the counter, and her hand on my chest. My chest tenses as I feel her nails tighten against my chest and she leans up to kiss me, softly at first, then harder and faster. Her breathe quickens  as I pull her tighter against me and kiss her neck. My eyes close as she twines her fingers through my hair. 

        I wrap my hands around her waist and she moans. She lifts my lips to hers and our mouths mold together. I grab her butt and lift her on top of the counter and squeeze between her legs to bring myself closer. Suddenly, Cordelia pulls away and I suddenly gasp for a breath I didn't know I was holding. A drop of sweat fell from my brow and dripped down the side of my cheek.

"Here." Cordelia says holding out a cup for me.

        Without thinking a took a large gulp from the cup. Coffee, my coffee. I slowly set the cup down and walk over to the counter. I set the cup down and spit into the sink. 

"Gotcha!" Cordelia says smugly. 

"That was a good one." I say smiling and leaning forward to once against mesh my lips with hers.