Chapter 11: Good morning sunshine!/ Romeo

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes and the smell of bacon. I open my eyes to see my mother standing above me holding a tray of an assortment of breakfast food. "Um mom what the actual hell are you doing in here?" I ask sleepily.

 "First of all language." She said sternly. "And second, why do I need a reason to bring my son breakfast?" 

"Because you never make breakfast and I can tell that Amelia, as in the maid, had made those scones because of the little strawberry swirl in the middle." I say smugly.

"Okay, okay, I was just wondering if you had asked her out yet, because I just so happened to have tickets to the ballet that your father could not go to so if you wanted them I would give them to you." She smiled. 

"I'll text her." I say smiling. I pick up my phone and type slowly so that my mother's anticipation builds

Me: Hey this may seem straight forward but would you like to join me on a date tonight?

Her reply is almost instant.

Athena: Idk I have another party I have to go to so I can cry in their bathroom.... But I guess I could skip. What time will you be picking me up?

I turn to my mother, "She said yes." My mother squeals like a small child bursting with excitement. "What time does it start?" I ask.

"8 o' clock but bring her here at 7. I really must meet her!" She says excitedly. Her eyes are filled with so much joy and happiness I couldn't say no.

Me: 7 Dress nice.

Athena: Don't I always?

Me: I assume you do.... I kinda just met you.

Athena: Lol sorry I feel like I've known you for like idk forever.

Me: Yup I totally feel the same way.

Athena: Well I guess I should start getting ready.

I look at the clock it's 1:58

Me: The date's not till 7 it's only 2.

Athena: I'm a girl!

Me: Girls are weird.

Athena: Yes but we have vaginas so deal with it, and according to that condom in your wallet you have already come to cope with life so...

Me: Damn girl.

Athena: Yup I got sass.

Well it looks like mom will not be reading these texts...

"So what are you gonna wear?" My mom asks.

"Um I don't know jeans and and a sweater." I say casually.

"How about," She pauses and places her index finger on her chin to imitate the fact that she is thinking. "HOW ABOUT HELL NO!

 She walks over to my closet and turns on the light she pulls out my funeral tuxedo. She wriggles her eyebrows. 

"I just decided I'm going to wear an outfit of my choosing." I say. I shoo her out of the room and decide on a grey button up shirt a black cardigan and a black tie with dark jeans. I shower and dress my mom insists on blow drying my hair so that it's soft and falls sideways. I put on my best cologne. God I'm so nervous.