Chapter 9: #datenightselfies/Romeo

I pull into my driveway and my car into the garage. I pull out my keys and step inside my big empty house. "Honey I'm home." I scream. My mother scrambles down the stairs to chew my ass out, I knew this was coming."ROMEO!" She screams.

         I hold my hand up to cut her off. "Mom, I met  a girl." I say, her eyes light up. "A girl?!" She says, pulling me in for a hug. "She's so beautiful." I say lustfully. "Oh, Romeo, I must meet this girl! What's her name?" She asks, a hint of hopefulness in her voice. "Athena." I say smiling. " Oh, my future daughter-in-law's name is Athena, such a beautiful name." 

        "Mom." I say blushing. " I just met her and I never said anything about marriage."

        "You didn't have to Ro, your eyes said it for you," She says smirking. 

        "Whatever Mom, I'm going to bed." I say, unable to break my smile. I walk up our grand staircase and stop mid stairs I look out across our house, the large piano in the foyer and the giant chandelier hanging from our ceiling. I smile. I hope Athena has it as happy as I am right now. I head to my room, as I pass father's study I notice that  the light is still on. I roll my eyes and sigh, my father is a doctor and he is always working into the wee hours of the night.

        I open my bedroom door. My room is very large with a king size bed, flat screen, and lap top in my far right corner. My room colors are black and grey, my father suggested these colors, he said they were modern and very mature, so of course I did what he wanted. I'm always trying to make my dad happy, I've just given up.

         I walk over towards my closet door and walk inside. I grab a pair of black boxers and a grey t-shirt and walk into my large bathroom and turn on the shower, while I wait for the water to heat  I walk over to my sleek black sofa, and turn on my T.V. Nothing new; sports, dumb cartoons, I sigh and walk back into the bathroom, undress and throw my dirty laundry into the basket and step into the hot water. I run shampoo through my hair and close my eyes, replaying tonight's events. 

        She touched my cheek so gently, like I was a glass doll she was afraid to shatter.  I smile, turn off the water and step out of the tub. I look at the fogged over mirror and wipe my hands over the glass. I almost jump back at myself, I'm 6'2 and have dark black hair and blue eyes, lately they have been accented by dark circles. I pop the mirror open and debate on shaving or not, I decide against it thinking It look better with a small stubble than nothing at all. 

        I slip on my boxers and towel dry my hair slipping my grey t-shirt over my head I walk out of the bathroom and slip into my black silk sheets debating on pulling a book from one of my long shelves that line the walls. I decide against it and and clap twice so my lights will turn off. I replay me and Athena's conversation over and over in my head. 

        She was so sweet and jumpy, my thoughts lag on the word jumpy, she was, wasn't she? I didn't even ask her why she was crying. I mentally slap my forehead. Why?

        I drift off into a restless sleep drifting in and out of consciousness dreams of Athena invade my head, my bed is so big, cold, and empty, I can't help but wish she was here with me.