Chapter 30: A punch to his face was a punch to her heart. /Cordelia

I swerve last minute and thank god that there were no other people in the opposite lane.

"Hannah stop screaming!" I yell. "Who were those sonsofbitches?"

Hannah slowly peels open her eyes. "I don't know their brights were on." 

"This car is Romeo's baby, imagine what he'd do to me if I wrecked his car." I say breathless. "That would take some level 10 seducing to just get him to stop crying." 

        We both laugh and soon the almost car crash is totally forgotten. I pull into Romeo's driveway and park his car before rushing inside and into his room with Hannah on my heels. I swiftly walk over to his bedside table and smile at the rose that still sits there. I place the fresh rose in the same vase and lay my card that I scribbled a love letter on underneath the vase. I smile and walk out.

        I enter the kitchen and search his cupboards for plates, I would have asked Amelia, but she must have been off for the night because she was nowhere to be seen. I finally give up and just pull out some paper towels.

"Don't eat in the living room okay?" I tell Hannah. "It has all white furniture."

"No way!?!" She shrieks running into the living room. "That's classy as hell." I hear her shout.

"Unlike yourself!" I call back.

"Sorry." She says as she walks back into the kitchen.

"Let's just eat on the island okay? But wait till the boys come back they might get mad if we start without them." I say.

        She nods and continues to walk through the house as we wait for the boys to return. I hear her distant "Oohs" and "awes" as they echo from different areas around the house. After what seems like eternity, Jack and Romeo walk in.

         I make sure to be extra loving to Romeo, on account of my guilty conscience, even though it wasn't my fault, I still have a pit in my stomach.

"Hey there baby!" I say greeting him as he walks in. I give him a quick peck on the lips and pull away. His left arm is wrapped securly behind his back. "What is that?" I ask.

        He pulls out a single, white, long stemmed, rose and hands it to me.

I laugh. "Why thank you." I say taking the rose in my hands and wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing his lips closer as my tongue invades his mouth, he pulls me closer and rests his hands on my hips, dragging his thumbs over my rib cage so that the tips barely brush the bottom of my breasts.

        Hannah cleared her throat"We're still here."She said.

I stepped back from Romeo, rolled my eyes and sighed. "You're always there." I say. 

Jack and Hannah ignore me. "So what movie should we watch first?" Hannah asks.

My eyes light up."Did you get The Fault in Our Stars?" I ask Romeo.

"I did." He says winking at me.

Jack groans."I don't want to watch that stupid chick flick." 

"Yeah me neither." Hannah says pouting.

I look at her questioningly. "Really, because just last week at school you said you wanted to see it so, so, so, badly." I say.

"I changed my mind." She says stubbornly.

I roll my eyes at her and scoff.

"Well." Romeo says stepping in front of my line of vision. "We could watch it in my room while they watch a movie in the living room." He says timidly. 

        I lean over and look at Hannah she nods, my eyes trail down her arm and her fingers are interlocked with Jack's. I wink at her and grab Romeo's hand and lead him up the stairs. His arms wrap around my waist as we enter his room and I slowly close the door.

Romeo's soft lips brush my chin and he starts to kiss my neck.

"Where are your parent?" I ask holding him closer.

"Dad's working night shift at the hospital and mom went to Seattle for some teacher's convention or something." He says, the vibrations from his lips spreading over my neck. 

        I nod and push him onto the bed, straddling him and leaning down close to bring our mouths together. His tongue enters my mouth and I gladly welcome him. He smile and rolls over on his silk sheets so that his weight rests against my hips. I wrap my legs around his waist and cling to him, my fingers threading through his hair, his lips moving down my collarbone and his hands slide up the hem of my shirt his fingers roaming over my bare skin giving me goosebumps. 

        I pull his shirt so that his head is once again level with mine. I start to kiss his neck and nibble on his earlobe. His soft moans fill my ears as I pull his shirt over his head. my hands roaming over his bare skin and washboard abs. I feel him harden between me as I let out a muffled moan.

        I look down and my face reddens at how close I am to losing my virginity, My shirt is halfway off and Rome's shirt is lying on the ground. I contemplate going all the way and decide against it.

"Romeo, I can't." I say pushing him away and pulling my shirt down.

        A look of lust gleams in his eye.

Before he can say anything I cut in. "I'm a virgin." I say ashamed. "I'm sorry that I let it get this far, it's just, you know we haven't been together that long, like two weeks and Hannah and Jack are downstairs. I just want my first time to be special." 

He nods. "I understand Cordelia, you don't have to apologize. I get it and I can respect your decision to wait. I still love you." He says taking my hand in his."Let's just watch the movie okay?"

        I nod. and settle next to him on the bed, underneath the blankets I sat and watched the movie in the small nook of his arm. Tears sprang down my face after the movie. I looked over at Romeo and he wiped them away and kissed my forehead. Tears swelled in the corners of his eyes.

"Ha!" I say. "I'm not the only one who cried."

"Cried is not the same as tearing up. Okay? I didn't cry I teared up." He said.

"Whatever!" I say rolling my eyes and hitting him with a pillow. He laughs and turns around to grab one when his eye catches the second rose and the card. I blush as he picks it up and opens the card. He smiles and kisses my nose.

"I love you too." He says holding me closer.

"So I guess that was you huh?" He says casually.

"Me what?" I ask confused.

"We almost hit you." He says. 

My eyes widen. "THAT WAS YOU!" I scream.

"Cordelia calm down." He says rubbing my arm soothingly.

I hop up,"Who was driving?" I snap at him rage blinding me.

"Jack, but it dosen't matter, it's okay." Romeo says trying to pull me back into the bed. 

I sprint down the stairs and into the living room, Romeo chasing after me screaming. "Cordelia stop, it was an honest mistake!" 

        I rush into the living room where Jack is on top of Hannah, kissing her. I pull him off and punch him square in the nose.

"Cordelia!" Hannah screams. "STOP!"

I raise my fist to punch him again, blood pours out from his nose. Romeo grabs me into a bear hug. 

"You almost killed us you son of a bitch!" I scream.

Jack grabs his nose, "That fuckin' hurt!" He cries.

"What the hell is going on?" Hannah screams.

"He was the one driving the car!" I yell trying to grab at him, Romeo holding his iron tight grib tried to drag me out of the room, away from Jack.

                                 "YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!" I scream at him.