Chapter 40: Black Friday./Cordelia

His staring makes me feel selfconscious. He still smiles and nods like he is listening, but I can tell he's not. We enjoy a full course meal, including pumpkin pie, my favorite. 

"Well, Dave will be waiting for us." I say.

"It's only 7:30." Romeo says. looking at his phone.

"Well what would you like to do then?" I ask him.

"Let's play a game." Romeo says.

        I look around the dinner table and everyone seems to be as confused and surprised as I am.

"And just what game do you wish to play?" Mr. Apara asks.

"Let's play... Hide and go seek." Romeo responds.

"You are a 17 year old boy and you would like to play hide and go seek?" I ask.

        Romeo nods and smiles. Wow, he really isn't kidding right now.

"Well then, hide and seek it is." I say.

        Romeo's mother and father hesitates.

"Come on. Everyone up, I'll be it first." I say motioning for them to stand.

        They all hesitate, especially Amelia. 

"I must clean the table." Amelia says.

"It can wait." I say, everyone stands awkwardly in dining room. I sigh and close my eyes. "1...2...3...4...5." I say counting, it takes a few moments but I eventually hear them shuffle out of the room.

"Thank you." Romeo whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek and running out of the room with the rest of the family.

"18...19...20...35!" I scream laughing.

        I run into the kitchen and search drawers, cabinets and even the fridge. I walk out and notice a small cube, this is where I assume they keep the brooms and mops. I open up the small door and laugh at Romeo's large, muscular body squeezed into the small hole.

"Gotcha!" I say gleefully. 

"No, I got you." He says climbing out of the cube and wrapping his arms around my waist. 

        I stare into his crystal blue eyes covered by a mop of shiny black hair, he leans into me and gently kisses me, like a soft feather landed on my lips. I laugh.

"That tickles." I say.

        I pull him in closer to me and weave my fingers through his hair. I lean in closer to him and deepen the kiss.

"I have to go find your parents and Amelia." I say, placing my hands on his chest.

"Ugh!" He groans throwing his head back.

I smile. "READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!" I call through the house.

        Soon I find Mr. and Mrs. Apara hidden in a closet and let's just say they weren't hiding from each other, if you know what I mean.  I found the two kissing, pretty heavily.

"Um, I found you." I say awkwardly to let them know my presence is with them.

"Oh." Romeo says leaning into the closet with a large grin on his face.

        Why is he so happy? Isn't it really gross to find your parents making out in a closet? I guess it is funny though.

"Oh!" Mrs. Apara says as she re-buttons the undone buttons on her blouse and fixes her hair.

"I didn't see you there son." His dad says awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it dad." Romeo says smiling as he swats the air in a "forget about it" gesture.