Chapter 50: Speaking of party... /Cordelia

I felt his fingers slowly creep down my waistline and into my underwear, except he didn't stop there. His fingertips began to edge their way inside me and my hips shot upward. 

        I watched in horror as Romeo catapulted into the headboard. Oh god I thought, I always ruin everything. Romeo was apparently as surprised and ashamed as I was. I could feel my face heating up and so I kept my eyes locked with the ground. 

        He gave me an awkward side hug, trying to avoid getting blood on me. Could this get any worse? For a second I thought that he had turned around and headed towards the bathroom so I lifted my shirt and threw it on the ground. When he cleared his throat I looked over and saw that he was watching from the corner of his eye. 

        He tried to tell me that he was going to take a shower, to notify me that he was still there so I nodded. I felt guilty about what happened earlier so I continued undressing. After I had my shirt and shorts I planned to stay up and wait for Romeo to get out of the shower, but the peaceful lull of the constant stream of water put me right to sleep. 

        My eyes open slightly as I hear Romeo come out of the bathroom.

"So close." He whispers. "We were so close."  

        My gut wrenched with guilt. I'd heard horror stories of girls who led their boyfriend to believe that they were going all the way, but stopped them right on the brink of totally collapsing. I guess their boyfriends got tired of the "teasing" or got what they wanted from some other girl, but either way, they were dumped. 

        I watched Romeo through my slightly ajar eyes, to my surprise Romeo just drops his towel right at the foot of the bed. I held back a fit of laughter as my eyes caught his pale bare butt, that with the moonlight bouncing off of it just right, seemed to glow. He pulled on a pair of boxers and sweatpants, then he came and snuggled next to me.

        I love sleeping next to Romeo when he dosen't have a shirt on. I like the feel of his skin against my cheek when I lay my head on his chest. I'm pretty sure that he just like to show off his abs, but I seemed to have found a deeper connection to it. 

        I woke up under the heat of Romeo's gave. I squint open my left eye and cringe from the light. I pull the red comforter over my head to block out the sun. After my eyes adjust to the darkness again I peek my head out from underneath the blanket to look up at Romeo.

"How long have you been up?" I ask.

"About an hour." He shrugs.

"And how long have you been staring at me?" I ask.

"About an hour." He says smiling.

"Well, okay then..." I drift off. "That's not creepy."

"Pft it's not, I just like watching you sleep." He says sarcastically.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I ask.

        He shrugs, "Check out isn't until noon."

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Like ten." He says checking his phone.

"Ugh, I have to get up ." I groan.

"Why?" Romeo asks.

"I have to shower and put on makeup." I say in an 'isn't it obvious?' tone of voice.

"Why?" He asks like he's a small child.

"So I look like I'm a human being and not a beast." I say, only half jokingly.

"You don't put that stuff on for me." Romeo says poking on the squishy part of my stomach.