Chapter 7: So Glad I Stopped For Gas. / Romeo

I felt it... Well I shouldn't say "it" because I don't really know what "it" is so I think I'll just say something. I felt something and something was better than nothing, which was normally the only emotion I had to dish out. Yup, something was definitely better than nothing, especially if that something was her.

        I got into my black SUV and drove away. 'You know', I think to myself, 'maybe I'll text her now'. I pull into a local gas station and I pull out my black IPhone. Is this too soon to text her? I think to myself. What if she thinks I'm crazy, or obsessed, or CRAZY? Then it hits me. I don't have her number. "Oh fuck!" I yell. I punch my steering wheel. "How could I be so stupid!?!" I scream. I didn't even get her number. I pull out of the parking lot, forgetting about my gas light on, I'm headed to Bridget's. Just then my car makes a ding I look down, I'm running on empty. "Fuuuuuuuuuck..." I groan angrily. I quickly jerk my steering wheel around, making an illegal U turn, I'm fuming so I don't even care.

        I once again pull into the gas station and fill up my tank. I walk inside the gas station with my hands in my pockets. "35 bucks on pump 7." I say, pulling out my wallet. I grab two twenties and hand them to the cashier. A piece of paper catches my eye. I pull it out of one of my wallet folds, I smile, it reads:

        312-683-6118 - Athena , Text me. ;)

        I walk out, forgetting my change. I climb back into my car and pull out my cell and text the number.

Me: You sneaky girl...

Five minutes later

Athena: What can I say?

Me: I have to admit it was very bad ass ninja of you.

Athena: Shhhhhh ninjas are supposed to be a secret!

Me: My lips are sealed. How did you put your number there anyway? I was with you the whole time.

Athena: I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you :)

Me: Well, we can't have that now can we?

Athena: Nope, because I really like you and that might mess up my chances with you if you're dead.

Me: I like you too.

Athena: Why thank you, you're a peach.

Me: A peach?

Athena: Don't judge my fruity language!

Me: It's cute. Lol

Athena: So are you. ;) #feelingflirty

Me: Awww, thanks! You're a peach!

Athena: Did you just quote me?

Me: Yup.

Athena: You're lucky you're cute. Gtg text you tomorrow?

Me: Okay.

        I lean my head against the headrest and close my eyes and smile. "Athena." I whisper.