31

Chapter 31: Making an Effort

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

All of yesterday I had been cooped up in my room since Levi had publicly embarrassed me. I couldn't bring myself to be around anyone not even Hanji for the rest of yesterday, I was just beyond frustrated. Levi's desperation was the main cause of this frustration that was slowly building up more. It was starting to make it harder to deny him but I didn't want to string him along.

Now that it was the next day, I felt slightly better and able to come out of the bedroom. I couldn't hide my puffy eyes and even if I did it was obvious to everyone what I had been doing since yesterday morning.

Dressed for the day I didn't dress in the uniform since according to Sasha who was told by Hanji today was a day off while she tries to come up with some new ideas for Eren's experiments and to give him a day to rest a little longer.

Opening the door I step out into the hallway, closing the door behind me I took off heading for the stairs leading to the first floor. As I took down onto the last step I look up from my feet and find mostly everyone sitting at the table. Their conversations all died down after they saw me, Levi too looked up at me and his right brow tugged up seeming curious for some reason.

Then I heard the creaking of a door and my head jolted to the left finding the door leading to the back of the cabin opening. Hanji stepped in with a plate in her left hand seeming to be coming in to grab another plate or something. When her eyes drifted onto me they widened, quickly now she set the plate down and rushed to my side.

Hooking her arm with mine she tugged me away from the group, her head was snapped in Levi's general direction probably glaring at him disappointingly, but once we stepped outside she turned her attention to me. "You alright- Your eyes, they're pretty puffy." she mentions. Letting out a sigh I nod my head slightly before sitting down on the bench.

"Yeah well I wasn't really doing too good yesterday after- you know." I answer.

Hanji shook her head still seeming to find it hard to believe Levi would be so bold and desperate to pull something like that. "He's too attached... I've never seen him like this." she mutters.

Biting my bottom lip I felt I should take part of the blame I didn't try hard enough to prevent this. "I shouldn't have let him kiss me... and I shouldn't have ever kissed him." I mutter.

"These feelings he has is distracting him... I can tell- as much as I hate to say it but if you leave he's gonna hurt worse-

"Hanji you know I have to go, I can't risk losing my memories forever or accidentally changing the future- as much as I-" I stop nearly confessing to Hanji.

"I know... so I think you should tell Levi, so he understands." Hanji suggests. Quickly after I nod my head in agreement, it was just finding the right time to do so.

"Even if it means you tell him last minute, I'll be able to deal with him if he knows. He may not be happy but he'll understand." she says.

Then there was a long silence between us. By the time she finished her second plate of food she stood up but didn't leave yet. "Do you want me to get you something?" she asks.

I shake my head slowly while keeping my eyes locked to the boards of the deck. Hanji didn't say anything more, she just headed inside maybe to grab a third plate or keep an eye on everyone.

~Levi~

Hanji walked in and quickly flashed yet another disappointed glare towards me. My head drifted downward looking at my half empty plate. I assumed she spent most of the day crying- her eyes were pretty puffy with a slight redness surrounding them. It's my fault.