3

Chapter 3: Home

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I was so glad this would be the last time I would have to hear it for the next week. Quickly I get out of my bed and walk over to my closet.

Pulling out my luggage bags I toss them on the bed. Now, sifting through my clothes I pick out some clothes to put in the bags. Once I pulled the right amount of clothes for the week I walk over to my bed and fold the clothes and place them in the bag nicely.

Zipping them up I grabbed the two bags and set them by the door. I walk out of the room into the living room. It was time to wake up Lizzi again, but this time I decided to be nice and wake her up the old fashioned way.

Lightly I shake her causing her to groan and slowly wake up. "Come on, we need to eat and get ready to run over to the school," I say.

I walk over to the kitchen and grab some food out. I look over finding her sitting up rubbing her eyes. Walking back over I hand her a plate of food and sat beside her afterward. Quickly I ate the food and set the plate on the table.

~Time Skip~

After getting our assignments we made our way out of the school. Getting into my car I waited as Lizzi got in as well. We had an hour before we needed to get to the airport in order to be on time. Quickly we head back to my apartment to grab our bags.

To pass some time we stopped by a restaurant to grab an early lunch. I decided to study a little bit more even though I had already planned on doing that on the flight. "Find anything new?" Lizzi asks.

"Not at the moment, I still want to know where that missing page could have gone," I say.

"Yeah that's strange, whatever was on that page must be important," Lizzi says.

"Yeah," I say as I look down at my wristwatch my eyes widen. "Shit we gotta go, Lizzi," I say. Quickly I shove my books back into my bag and pull out the money tossing it on the table. Getting up I rushed out of the place with Lizzi following close behind.

I get into the car and start it just as Lizzi closed the door. I pull away from the curb and drive off to the airport. "Check and make sure we have our passports and stuff," I command Lizzi.

Quickly she checked our bags pulling out the tickets and small booklets that were our passports. "It's all here," she says.

I let out a relieved sigh as I continued to drive down the road, I was beginning to speed a bit and had to force myself to slow down.

I pulled into the parking lot of the airport and parked in the nearest empty spot. Getting out I rush to the bag grabbing our bags out. Lizzi soon came and took her bags and handed me my ticket and passport.

~On The Plane~

We had an hour left on the flight, Lizzi was passed out and I was sitting there next to the window reading through my books and jotting down notes. I had been doing that for the past three hours of the four-hour flight. I thought my hand was going to fall off from writing so much. I jotted down information about a man named Erwin Smith who was a commander in the Survey Corps.

By the time the plane landed, it was nearly dinner time back in London for me and Lizzi on a free day. As the passengers started to leave I stood up and placed my bag on my shoulder. "Lizzi time to go," I say as I lightly shake her.

She jolted up and quickly stood on her feet. Handing her, her bag we both made our way off the plane. Walking into the building we waited for our luggage. When we found it on the carousel we grabbed them and went to the front doors. It had been three and a half years since I had been home. It felt strange.

We called for a taxi, the man took our bags and placed them in the trunk while Lizzi and I both got into the car. Waiting for the man I sat there looking at my phone when the man got into the car he started up the car again and drove off to our destination.

~Time Skip~

There we stood in our hotel room. I knew my mother would stop by at some point while we were here. "I'm gonna go out for a bit, then we can study for a bit then go eat," I tell her. I grab my bag and exit the hotel again. Getting a cap I drove to my mother's house, I hadn't been here since I was a child, after my father found out my mother was cheating on, he took me and left to the other side of town.

As we got closer my nerves started to work up. The man stopped in front of the house, I paid him and sat there for a minute. What if we fight again? Building up enough courage I get out of the car. Slowly I make my way up to the door, I stop at the door and ring the doorbell.

The door quickly opened. "Oh, sweetie! You came." my mother says in a happy tone.

"Hi," I answer giving him an awkward smile. Slowly I step into the house taking in all the details. The house was different, much cleaner and with a modern touch.

"I'm guessing Milo isn't here?" I ask.

"Oh no, he's on a business trip," she answers. I stood there in the living room letting the memories of my early childhood run free in my head.

"I see... it sure has changed." I say.

"Well, it has been what? 16 years since being here." my mother says. Looking back I find her standing there with both hands on her hips.

"Yeah, it's too bad I couldn't visit," I mutter.

"What? Yes, you could." my mother chuckles.

"No, actually dad was too controlling to let me out of the house unless it was school."

"That's not was Erick said," she argues.

"Well, dad lied," I argue back.

"Here we go again, look (Y/N) I really don't want to fight again," she says.

"Why not? It wouldn't be the first time, you did it to dad why not me?" I snap.

"Now, that's not fair, your father and I were having problems," she says.

"Then, you work them out, you don't cheat... and because of you, he abused me for 16 years." I snapped, crossing my arms I flash my mother a cold glare.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" she asks, slowly she approached me only for me to back away.

"What were you going to do? You were too busy screwing the next guy." I insult.

My mother flashed me a cold yet shocked stare. "I'll have you know that Milo and I have been doing just fine and I have never cheated on him."

"Oh I'm sure, you know you were always a bad liar... you wanna know why I didn't show up to the funeral, it's because I can't stand being in the same room as that man who abused me and made me feel like complete shit." I growl. Without giving her a second chance I turn my ass around and head back out that door to the waiting cab. I wasn't having any of it and ignored her calls.

I got into the car and told the man the destination. My mother came running up to the cab trying to get me to go back inside. So, much for a welcome home.

═════ 🌙 ═════