29

Chapter 29: A Jealous Captain

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I was the first to wake up, I decided since I wasn't gonna be able to go back to sleep to start preparing breakfast for everyone. After changing into more casual clothing for the day, I slip out of mine and Sasha's bedroom. Walking through the quiet halls I came to the stairs, reaching the first floor I take a left and head for the kitchen.

There I began grabbing out pans and other materials to make food. As I was grabbing out some of the herbs to begin cooking I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. Leaning to the side a bit I stop and watch, there I watch Eren appear out from behind the wall. His hair was damp and he was pulling down his shirt. When he looked up his eyes immediately met mine. "What's all this?" he asks, walking around the counter and over to me.

"I was gonna make breakfast for everyone." I say.

He looked at me as if I were crazy. "By yourself? I don't think so- here let me help." he says as he leans forward and grabs some of the materials in front of me. He smiled down at me before walking away over to the end of the counter and started getting to work.

As we began to cook I hear another pair of footsteps coming from the stairs. Again, who could be up this early? Then Levi appeared, just my luck I was stuck in the same room with two other men who clearly have feelings for me. When Levi's eyes fell on me they only stayed for a second before looking over at Eren. I drop the food I had been cutting and walk over to Eren to tell him I'd be right back. "Eren come here." Levi orders.

Then when Eren was about to leave I go to grab his arm. "(Y/N)?" Eren question before he slips from my grasp. Eren walks over to Levi who started to mutter somethings, that was until Levi looked up at me then back at Eren.

"And stay away from her-

I then rush around the counter. "Eren don't listen to him." I say as I come up next to him. Grabbing Eren's arm I tug him back towards me.

"Levi's just being childish-

"You two need to work-

"Shut it Jaeger." Levi and I both say in unison. I flash an annoyed glare at Levi while he returned the same expression.

"I am Captain, he must follow order's (Y/N)... as for you, you're leaving so why pursue a relationship with him if you won't be here to make the effort-

"Levi!" I snap.

Then Eren pushed me back away from Levi as I kept my deadly glare on him. "You're leaving?" Eren asks.

My eyes drifted up for a second and nodded. "Why?" Eren asks.

"Because she feels like she doesn't belong- a load of horse shit-

I go to push past Eren as I glare at Levi again. "I swear Levi, if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick you so hard in the dick you won't be able to use it!" I snap. Eren's arm extending out hooking around my other shoulder keeping me from lunging at Levi. God he's pissing me off. Levi backed away and looked to the ground.

Me feeling like I didn't belong was beyond the reason why I wanted to leave at this point. "Okay, let's go outside for a few and get some air." Eren suggests as he pulls me along back towards the kitchen.

~Time Skip~

~Eren~

I walked back in leaving (Y/N) outside for a bit, as I walked in one by one the others came down the stairs looking very tired. Then I could hear Levi yelling upstairs. Crap. "What the hell is his problem? Did he find a dirty corner in this fucking house?" Jean groans.

I walk back up to the counter and continue preparing breakfast. There Armin came up to me while rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Do you know what's wrong with the Captain? He seems pretty upset." Armin wonders.

My eyes shifted up hearing footsteps stomp down the stairs. It was Captain again, but this time he grumbled and exited the house through the front door. "He and (Y/N) got into another fight." I mutter. This started to make me think. Is the reason why Levi wanted me to stay away is because he likes (Y/N) too?

~(Y/N)~

I began to wonder the forest, the morning sun shining down into the forest. I needed to blow off some steam and keep my distance from Levi right now. I knew he was only acting this way because he was jealous- still it didn't give him the right to act like an insufferable child.

I had come across a fallen tree that blocked the path I was on in hopes to get lost. Climbing up onto the trunk of the tree I sat and looked on the other side for miles it seemed there was just forest. My eyes drifted over the woods, since I was out here I might as well look for an unmarked grave. Hopping off the trunk of the tree I begin to wander some more, I was beginning to think Hanji might have been wrong.

That there weren't any unmarked graves out here. It could be that some of the stones were covered, but even still I wasn't seeing much. If I couldn't find one in the next couple of days my plans for leaving would be delayed. Typically, Hanji wasn't wrong, but I could see any-

Out of nowhere I had tripped, thinking it was over an exposed root from a tree that had grown upward. But as I fell to the ground I turn and land on my side, lying there in the grass I look back towards my feet where I had tripped. And out of pure luck, it was a gravestone, it was a little deformed but it was natural.

Moss had grown over the top and weeds surrounded it, but it was definitely what I was looking for. On my hands and knees I crawl around it finding it was blank, I had noticed the grass and weeds were much shorter in front of it.

Slowly I get on my feet and brush myself off of the dirt and grass. Looking back I found it wasn't far from the fallen tree I had been sitting on earlier. "(Y/N)?" I hear a familiar voice call. It was Levi, I wasn't surprised he always had to come after me if I had gone missing. Rolling my eyes I turn as I watch him hopping off the trunk.

When he caught sight of me, he quickly made his way over. "What the hell are you doing out here? Running away again?" he asks.

I cross my arms and scoff at his words. "I was out wandering trying to calm down. But sure running away seems like a good option." I retort in a sarcastic tone. He glared at me then slowly grew closer.

"Do you want to get snatch by wolves? Or worse a bear, you sure do go to great lengths to stress me out-

"Stop it! You don't need to coddle or scold me every chance you get! You're upset because I won't say that I love you back! God! You make me so angry-" I groan as I turn away.

"I'm mad because you're leaving with a poor excuse! And you won't tell me why you're really going." he snaps.

I remained silent, I wanted to walk away- get lost in these endless woods and just disappear. But I turn around and face him, "Like I said I'm going home." I tell him. With that I walked past him and back to the safe house, I was seriously considering to leave early to stop us from both suffering and doing something we both will regret. 

═════ 🌙 ═════