27

Chapter 27: Missed Out

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

I had gotten word (Y/N) had come back to Trost, injured. Hanji had mentioned that the two suspects from the other night had indeed transformed injuring her in the process. Twisting the knob to the room I slowly open the door into a bright room.

The windows were open letting in a cool breeze causing the curtains to swiftly blow up with the wind. Shutting the door behind me I turn back and slowly approach the side of the bed until I was next to her face. A chair was placed beside her bed, probably because of Hanji I assume. Not only was she in this state but Erwin was deep in a coma missing his right arm after the excursion to get Eren back.

Sitting in the empty chair I lean forward keeping my eyes glued to her resting face. With each day since her return I had stayed by her side, when Erwin would wake up I'd see him but for now my time was devoted to her. With my right hand I gently peel away strands of hair the swept onto her face from the slight breeze. I was half tempted to shut the window thinking it'd make her cold.

By doing this I saw her face flinch slightly before letting out a soft sigh. Her eyes shut tighter before they slowly opened. My hand then rested on her forehead gently caressing it, "Mm... where am I?" she asks.

Removing my hand I lean back in the chair. "You're back in Trost." I answer.

She quickly sat up and looked as if she were ready to get up out of bed. Shooting forward I push her back down. "Slow down, you've only just woken up." I tell her in a rather commanding tone.

"Where is Eren? Is he okay?" she then questions, it was like taking a knife to my heart. I understood her caring heart to wonder about Eren but it still made me angry.

"He's fine... now shut up and lay back down." I snap.

She gave me an uncomfortable look before doing as told. "Haven't even been awake for a minute and you're already being an ass." she mutters. Rolling my eyes I cross my arms and fold one leg over the other.

"Do you think I will be chipper to find out the woman I love is hurt? Usually I wouldn't pursue any relationship because of that but god dammit-

She was pouting now and keeping her eyes forward. "Then don't pursue me... if you're so worried one of us will die then don't love me." she mutters.

I let out a 'tch' before looking over to the window. "If only it were that easy... It's not like I can just wish away my feelings... I am only human (Y/N)." I mutter.

"The only reason why it's not easy is because you're making it harder than it needs to be... I told you I only want our relationship strictly to be business..." she snaps back.

I then stand up from the chair, I wanted to call her out, tell her to stop pretending she didn't feel what I felt. Leaning over the bed I prop both hands on either side of her, trapping her. "You and I both know that's not what you really want, you're just acting this way because you're a stupid brat and think this game is fun provoking me like this. Making me chase after you." I stop as I lean in closer merely inches from her lips.

"And I intend to chase you to the bitter end, until you can no longer deny your feelings... until you're mine." I mutter. I could see her expression turn to lust the minute my lips were just about to touch hers, but instead I back away teasing her. I watched her head jolt up as if to kiss me.

"You're an asshole." she sighs, her cheeks were a light shade of red as she crossed her arms flashing a glare at me.

"I may be an asshole, but at least I'm not a liar." I retort.