18

Chapter 18: The Storm

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

Days passed as I stayed in the cellar, locked away from everyone except Eren. He was my only company when Erwin didn't come down interrogating me. The cellar was cold due to not having a torch in my cell-like Eren's had.

Curled up on the bed I held myself close trying to keep warm. My eyes darted to the door of the cell seeing Eren standing there looking in. He had something in his hands. I lift my head up before pushing myself up on the bed.

Stepping out I walk over to him. He held a blanket there, looking up at him I smiled gently. "You looked cold... I would try and get someone to put a torch up but a storm is coming in and everyone is busy." he says.

"A bad storm?" I ask.

He nodded his head a couple times, sticking his hand through the bars he handed me the blanket. Taking it from him I thank him then turn to the bed. Then I heard the cellar shut, turning my head I headed back to the cell door.

I was surprised to see Levi walking down the step. Eren stepped away when he saw Levi coming down. My heart began to race when I noticed him pulling out a thing of keys. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"What does it look like? Don't tell me staying here for three days has already fried that small brain of yours." he says.

I rolled my eyes before stepping out once he opened the door. "Seriously Levi, Erwin will get upset with you-

"Erwin can shove it, he left you freezing down here." Levi says, taking my hand he led me up the stairs. Looking back I find Eren smiling gently while waving. Why now does he have to come to my rescue? I was fine down here they kept me fed and made sure I wasn't going to die... although a little warmth would have been nice.

Once reaching the door Levi opened and peeked his head out. It was the middle of the night. Pulling me up the last step we entered the quiet hallway. With my hand in his he continued to lead me away from the cellar.

Flashes of lightning poured the through the windows but there was no thunder to follow. As we got closer to the office I noticed Levi looking around each corner. Suddenly he pushed me into a dark small room. Shutting the door he then placed his hand over my mouth.

There were footsteps passing by on the other side of the door. After a while Levi took his hand off my mouth then went over to the door. The little light from outside poured into the small room now making me realize we were in a broom closet.

Taking my hand he pulled me out. "Okay can you seriously stop holding my hand." I whisper in an annoyed tone.

He didn't listen to me, tugging me along we soon made our way to his office. After entering I turn to him watching as he shut the door then locked it. The room was dark only lit by the fireplace to the left of his desk.

Walking past his desk I look out the window. From there I could see the lightning flashing outside. Flash after flash with soft little rumbles signalling the storm was still quite far from the headquarters. "Erwin hasn't told me what he locked you up for." Levi mentions.

I held myself while keeping my eyes glued to outside the window. "Believe me you don't want to know." I sigh. Turning around I continued to hold myself from still being cold.

Levi stood on the other side of his desk, his eyes boring into mine. I didn't want to tell him Erwin thinks I'm a spy, he'd get angry and I fear Levi more than I do Erwin. If Erwin wanted to he'd send me to the military police... but he hasn't... yet.

"You still cold?" he asks changing the subject. I gently nod, stepping around his chair I slowly walk around his desk before I stood next to the fireplace. The warmth radiated from the flames onto me making me feel better.

Levi snapped his fingers grabbing my attention. Looking his way he pointed to the floor beckoning me to sit. Doing as told I go and sit in front of him, my head looked back at him watching as he walked over to the sofa. He picked up the neatly folded blanket and stepped back over to me.

Unfolding it he held it open wide before draping it over my shoulders adding to the warmth. "Thanks." I mutter. Crouching down he sat beside me and leaned back.

Looking down at my hands I wondered why he had come to get me knowing the consequences. "Levi." I call softly.

"Hmm?" he hums.

Keeping my eyes on my hand I let out a soft sigh. "Why did you bring me here? Why come to the cellar to get me when you could get in tro-

"I don't know... got bored I guess." he sighs. He got me out of pure boredom?! Looking up I meet his gaze finding his cheeks a little flushed.

"Really? You came to get me because you were bored? Are you that lonely?" I ask.

His eyes darted forward while his face contorted into a slight cringe. "I'm starting to regret letting you out." he mutters.

With legs crossed I turn to him. "You got me out because you missed me didn't you?" I ask now starting to tease him. I poked at his shoulder a couple times before his hand slipped on to mine.

"Tch, you're delusional." he groans.

Laughing at his remark I shook my head. "I don't think so." I chuckle. With my other hand I continued to poke at him watching his face become more flushed. He did miss me, after only three days.

"Com'on admit it, you missed me." I chuckle.

"Who would miss your excessive chatter?"

Grabbing my other hand he stopped my poking all together. His hands were gentle around mine, I noticed him pulling them back which brought me closer to his face. "I'm only teasing." I mutter.

I watched his eyes shift from my eyes to my mouth. As I grew closer to his face the more my heart raced. It's like that time in the woods... and hot spring I better do something quick-

Before his lips could land onto my mouth I turn to the side. His lips fell onto my cheek instead, his lips were surprisingly softer than I imagined. He sat there for a moment before pulling his lips off my face. Quickly I sit back and turn forward staring at the fire. That was a close one...

"I-I'm gonna go to my room." I stutter as I quickly stand up. The blanket fell from my shoulders as I made my way to the door.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry." I hear Levi call.

Quickly heading across the hall I made my way into my bedroom that was surprisingly unlocked. Shutting the door I lock it behind me before pressing my back into the door. Please don't be falling for me. I shut my eyes tightly hoping things here weren't just about to become more complicated.

He can't get attached... not when I know I won't see him again. My hand formed into a fist over my racing heart hoping I wasn't doing the same as well. I need to find someone who can help me get home and fast... tomorrow I'll sneak into town for a bit, I'll ask Hanji to come with.

~Levi~

I stood there at my door contemplating on whether or not I should go after her. As mysterious as she was I trusted her. She constantly kept me guessing, and it was bringing me closer to her the more I tried to figure her out.

I knew everything I needed to know, but I didn't really know her like I want to. I shook my head, I was pathetic. I need to pull myself together... I'm just kidding myself to think she'd ever be interested in someone like me.

Lightning flashed through the window as the first loud clap of thunder roared above us. Walking back over to the fireplace I stood next to the place were I previously sat, where I had her in my reach. The truth was I did kind of miss her, I missed hearing her voice, her excessive need to prove me wrong.

Picking up the blanket I quickly fold it up and set it on the sofa. Stepping over I look out the window watching the storm come through, wondering what it was that made Erwin so upset with (Y/N). 

═════ 🌙 ═════