13

Chapter 13: Test Run

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

The sound of screams woke me from my sleep. Opening my eyes to my dark room I looked around hearing nothing. I must be hearing things. Then, a loud shriek resonated in the room next door, my office.

Whipping the blankets off I didn't care if I ran out shirtless. Opening the door quickly I find (Y/N) tangled in the blankets whimpering. Rushing over I took hold of her shoulders. Gently shaking her I tried to wake her. "(Y/N)," I call. She's gonna wake everyone up next door.

Her head shook vigorously as she repeated the same words stop over and over. Taking hold of her upper arms I lift her from the couch. Shaking her once more I watched her eyes open and her head shaking less. Looking around she seemed still panicked. Releasing her I fall back and sit on the floor. "How do you sleep at night?" he asks.

I watched her hold herself, she didn't answer. Instead, she brought her knees to her chest and held them. Standing up I go and light a lantern, walking back I set it next to the sofa on a side table. Tears were building up in her eyes. "He was there again," she mutters. Kneeling down before her I looked at her confused.

"He who?" I ask.

Wiping her tears she chuckled softly. "God I'm pathetic... being like this." she sighs.

"You're not, now tell me what's wrong," I say. With my hand on the couch next to her body I could feel the vibrations from her shivers. "(Y/N) who is he?" I ask again.

Covering her face behind her arms she sobs quietly. "M-my father." she cries. Then, I knew what was going on, she was reliving her worst memories. Standing up I sit on the couch right beside her. Damn now how do I do this? Gently I place my hand on her head.

"I won't force you to talk about him then," I mutter.

She slightly lifted her head and nodded before leaning into me. Shocked by her actions I then timidly wrap my arm around her shoulder. Jeez, how can this girl go from an annoy shitbag to an ad- Shaking my head I let out a sigh and turn my head in the other direction.

Taking my arm off of her shoulder I then slowly stand up. Clearing my throat I turn and watch her lay back down. "I'll stay in here, you try and rest again." I say, walking over to my desk I lit up another lantern so I could work without disturbing her.

"You can go back to sleep... I'll probably just stay up," she says. She began to lean up again, walking back over to her I gently push her down into a laying position.

"You'll need the sleep for our practice run," I say.

Sighing she fell back and wiped her eyes. "The one time you actually let me sleep and I don't wanna." she says.

And we're back to annoy shitbag. "Just shut your trap and sleep brat," I say. As she laid on her back she let out a long sigh while I pulled the covers. Her eyes were still open but avoided mine.

"Levi..." she mutters.

"Hmm?" I answer.

"T-thank you for letting me stay... I know it's not something you would have wanted-

"You're welcome, now sleep," I say.

With that she nodded and turned on her side facing the back of the couch. Walking past her I go to my desk and work on some paperwork.

~Time Skip~

~(Y/N)~

Waking up again to a gentle shake I turn and find a fully clothed Levi standing before me. "Time to get up, go shower and meet me here," he says.