24

Chapter 24: Capturing The Enemy

═════ 🌙 ═════

~A Couple Days Later~

~(Y/N)~

There I sat on the opposite side of the table across from Eren with Levi sitting kitty corner from both of us. In the mess all with only some light shedding on the table we occupied. We were waiting for everyone else so we could get this meeting started but Erwin was running late.

I felt uncomfortable being in the room due to just generally being around Eren but now being around Levi was uncomfortable since what happened a couple nights ago. We hadn't really spoken about the incident since, it's simply been greeting one another. We haven't been training either since coming back from expedition.

Levi had his back to me as we sat there in complete silence. "He should be here by now... Erwin's never late." Levi mutters.

He slowly lifted his tea cup to his mouth. "At this rate the damn MP's will show up... that'd be our luck." he sighs, after taking a quick sip of his tea he held it still in the air.

"Who can say, maybe they're all off taking a shit. Duty calls right?" he asks, setting his cup down. Eren let out a soft and uncomfortable chuckle and turns to Levi seeming a little nervous.

"You're, uh sure in a talkative move today." he says.

Picking up his cup again his eyes darted towards Eren in an annoyed glare. "So what if I am... doesn't mean I'm talking to you." he says right before taking another gulp of tea. There was a long awkward silence after the words left his mouth. I watched his eyes shift back at me while setting his cup down.

He let out a soft groan as his right hand falls over onto his thigh. I guess his leg hasn't been feeling any better. "It's my fault, I made the choice.... If I would've thought it through- none of this- we wouldn't-" Eren stop as he looks down, guilt written all over his face.

"You made a judgment call.... Look no one expects you to be clairvoyant." Levi mutters. At least he's trying to be a little reassuring. Suddenly the door opens, all our heads turned toward the door.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Erwin says, there he stood along with Jean, Mikasa and Armin to his right.

Eren had been standing once he saw them, turning my head I found a confused expression on his face. "Why- why are you all here?" Eren asks.

"I believe we've uncovered the Female Titan's true identity." Erwin claims. I sat there unfazed

Erwin broke out a map of Stohess District going over the plan of them passing through the interior in a couple days. The council would assume custody and telling us that the Scout's authority to continue any operations would be limited.

Levi set down his own little map beside me so I could have a look. Circled in red was an underground passage. "Here Eren will be the bait and luring the targe to his underground passage, the deeper the better. Get her underneath street level, with that it should make it harder for her to escape, even in titan form." Erwin explains.

"If she transforms before that, she is your responsibility Eren." Erwin says as he directly looks over to Eren. Eren seemed uncomfortable with this task only because he doesn't know who it is.

"So we know she'll be in Stohess, there's no chance she'll bolt before we're there?" Eren asks.

"No, she wouldn't risk going AWOL."

"Wait you mean she's-

"Armin here identified her, she's an MP, likely responsible for the killing of Hanji's subjects." Erwin explains. Eren's head darted to Armin in disbelief then turned back to Erwin in a bit of shock.