14

Chapter 14: That Was Close

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I stood at the door waiting for him to let me in. "If this about you wanting to leave then I'm sorry but I can't let you in," he states.

"It's not that... I just need- I want to change squads-

"No." he answers.

Looking up at him with disbelief I crossed my arms. "Why not?" I ask.

"Because, you and Levi need to work out your issues along with Eren, besides I put you in that group because it's the best group," Erwin says.

Letting out a groan I stood there arms still crossed. "I'm sorry (Y/N) but my decision is final," Erwin says before shutting the door. Part of me wanted to pound my fist on his door and yell at him in hopes it would change his mind. The other part wondered why I really wanted to leave in the first place. Was it really because of Eren? Or was it because of the insufferable man I called Captain?

Heading back to my room, shutting the door I step over to my closet when suddenly I step on a creaky floorboard. An idea came in mind, it was something I used to do quite often. Looking down I pressed my foot into the floor again before kneeling.

Pulling the single floorboard up there was a perfect amount of empty space for me to hide things. Standing up again I grab my back and place my school books from out of this time in the nook along with anything else that would be evidential of my time travel. I left my notebook with the profiles of all the cadets in my bag. If I were to be accused of something it wouldn't be of time travel if anyone found out.

Quickly placing the board over the nook I tap it in place. Then, suddenly there was a knock at my door. Standing up I walk over, pulling a piece of hair behind my ear I whip the door open finding Levi walking in. "Get ready," he says as he paced my room.

Confused I turn to him after shutting my door. "What why?" I ask.

"You and I are going to deal with our problem right now!" he snaps. Shit, he talked to Erwin.

"But it's too late, where are we gonna go anyway?" I ask.

"We're going out to practice on the 3dm gear, and talk," he says. I'm not even back for five minutes and Erwin blabs. Letting out a groan I made my way outside my room. Following Levi out he and I quickly got our ODM gear on.

Walking alongside him outside he seemed upset as if me not liking him meant a great deal to him. The only thing lighting the sky was the full moon and even that wasn't enough light when we made it to the forest. I watched as he shot up to the tree landing on a close-by branch. "Meet me at the top," he calls.

Shooting the hook up to a nearby branch I was launched into the air. The first few times landing I did fairly well, a little wobbly but still on both feet. The next jump I crashed the side of the gear at the trunk. The metal piece on the side hit my side hard making me wince.

Looking up I see a hand extended down. "Looks like we'll need to practice more on landing," he says in a more calm tone. Taking his hand he pulled me up, his free hand laid on my back making sure I didn't fall back. Looking up I saw the milky way, there weren't many clouds thankfully.

"It's beautiful," I say.

"Yeah," Levi mutters.

Looking down to the side I wanted to check and see if the gear wasn't damaged. "What's wrong?" he then asks.

"Oh, nothing just making sure the gear isn't damaged," I tell him.

Kneeling next to me he checked my side. Lifting my shirt he even examined my hip. "Looks like your hip may bruise a little, the gear doesn't seem damaged," he says.

Standing back up he kept his gaze on me. "So, how are we going to work this out?" he asks.

Shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know... I just feel like you baby me too much... I know it's part of your job to make sure I'm in check but you could ease up." I tell him.

"You're not easy either... I know you have your shit but do you even know what any of the others including me have gone through?" he asks. Believe me, I know especially you Levi.

"We all have our shit... regardless of what time it is... I know I'm not the only one." I tell him. He nodded once before looking back up at the sky.

"Then, let's make a rule for just us," he says.

Looking at him from the side, I saw he kept his gaze up at the sky. "We can't be disrespectful to one another," he says.

"What happens if one of us happens to be disrespectful?" I ask.

He then turned to me with an annoyed glare. "I was thinking punishment," he answers.

Pursuing my lips together I nodded once. Fair enough. "Good, let's go back." he then says. Quickly turning I was going to stop him.

"But-" I was cut off when I felt through the branches. Quickly I got to shook the hook but it didn't do anything. I pulled the trigger repeatedly thinking it was jammed and needed to be pulled a couple of times. But there was no use, I was falling.

Preparing for the fall I tightly shut my eyes. I must have broken something when I rammed into the tree. Then, a loud screeching sound hit my ears, the sound of a hook being shot. Opening my eyes I saw Levi coming for me. My arms reached out for him seriously hoping he'd catch me in time.

Within a matter of seconds, he swooped under me and grabbed me. One arm hooked under my legs while his other wrapped around my back until his arm curled at my side.

Hiding in his chest I let him do what he needed to do. He stumbled a little before everything felt calm. Pulling my head back I look up at him, he seemed a little shaken but not as much as I was. "Be more careful next time." he scolds.

Gently he let me down but kept his arms around my waist. Nodding my head I leaned against him still feeling a bit wobbly and shaken. "Sorry," I whisper. His eyes fell directly onto my lips after I had said sorry. I could feel his hands pushing me closer to him. His body felt hard against mine, his hands were gentle, his right hand moved a piece of hair behind me ear.

Before I knew it he began leaning down slowly. I too was giving in to the little moment we were having. But before my lips could touch his I back away covering my mouth. "W-we should head back," I say as I look to the ground.

"Right, let's go," he says softly. Leaves crunched under his feet as he walked passed me. That was close.

═════ 🌙 ═════