28

Chapter 28: A Hurting Heart

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I had arrived a day later to the safe house holding Eren and the others from the 104th Cadet Corps. Walking up the dirt path, a wagon was parked out front, Sasha and Jean were out unpacking the supplies one by one, I walked passed them as they bickered. Heading for the door I then stopped hearing someone call to me, "Hey (Y/N)!" I turn and find Armin there too, he waved to me.

Waving back at him I send him a warm smile. Turning back to the door I open it and hold it as the three of them walk in, following behind the door shut loudly. They walked into the kitchen area where they began unpacking and placing things away into the cabinets. "Guys, did you get the dust and dirt of those before coming in?" Eren asks. Turning to him he had a bandana over his head and around his neck while clutching a broomstick.

"What? No we didn't it's not like we had time to do it." Jean talks back. Oh yeah, Levi's made Eren into a clean freak as well... when is it he'll be here?

"Don't you understand? Levi won't be satisfied with this! Even this morning, I had to fix the sheets on your bed-

"Would you shut the hell up!! Are you my mom or some shit?!" Jean shouts back.

Then I hear the front door open, my heart began to race thinking Levi had arrived. Whipping my head back I find Historia and Mikasa both walking in with chopped wood. "Mikasa! You went to chop wood!?" Armin says in a panicked tone.

They went on bickering for the next couple minutes, Jean and Eren as usual picking fights with each other. But they all became quiet when the door opened again, turning back around I find both Hanji and Levi entering. Behind them were more soldiers, my eyes shot down after getting a couple second glance at Levi.

I quickly headed up stairs away from the group to unpack my things. Luckily this place was built for housing many people so I'd be sharing a room with Sasha. With my bag I pull it off my shoulder and head to the drawer by the door.

Grabbing a handful of clothes I shove it into the empty drawers until I took up the rest. Sliding the drawers back in I then toss my bag onto the empty bed. I walk back out to head to the meeting we were having to find them all sitting at the table. There was an open spot next to Jean at the very end... next to Levi.

Letting out a sigh I slowly approach the long table, it was a little crowded here due to having so many people. Sitting beside Jean I keep my eyes down on the table. "Alright.. A lot has happened in a short time. But that doesn't change anything, we need to plug up the hole in Wall Maria." Levi starts.

It was silent in the room, he turned his head towards Armin. "Armin, you said you had an idea about plugging up the hole quickly. I'd like to hear more." he says.

Armin nodded once, "I was thinking that we can plug it up using Eren's abilities... assuming he can harden his skin like The Female and Armored titan." Armin explains.

"Also, it'd be much easier to travel in the night, where titans aren't a threat." he then says. Hearing them discuss their plan made my want to stay longer, but thanks to Hanji and her thorough researching skill she managed to find a way for me to get back home.

~Flashback~

I ran out of the building after Hanji who was still walking with Connie. When I had reached her my hand clapped down onto her shoulder startling her. "Oh (Y/N)- can you give us a minute Connie?" she asks, Connie nodded and began walking away.