36

Chapter 36: Likewise Partner

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

The Reiss chapel was a small building in the middle of the forest. Thanks to Hanji we were able to find it in even when it was still dark. As we searched the grounds we found no sign of them, inside the chapel I find Levi and Hanji kneeling on the floor. "A hidden door... Eren and the others should be down here... hopefully the layout is as I assumed." she says.

One by one everyone else began to come in and Levi looked back. "Are you guys ready to get your hands dirty?" he asks.

Everyone nodded their heads before rushing over and helping lift the hidden door. As we went down Levi and Hanji ready a barrel filled with gas canisters to fog up the place allowing us to sneak in. With her foot Hanji kicked it out the door and watched as it rolled down the stairs before falling onto the main floor. Smoke shot out of it beginning to fog it up, we all began to run down the steps while Sasha pointed a flaming arrow at the barrel.

There was a large crash and bright flash came from the center of the cave. Mikasa, Levi and I all continued to run down the stairs until reaching the ground floor. Smoke overed the lower half of the cave, as Levi and Mikasa flew off to attack the other I stayed on the ground waiting to attack whomever I'd find.

"Over here!" I hear Sasha call, turning my back I find her and Armin hiding behind some crates. Running over to them I jumped over the crates and pressed my back into the box. Sasha began to shoot up towards the MP's that would try and sneak behind the others.

Watching the others I figured I'd get ready to rescue. And as much as I wanted the plan to go on without anyone getting hurt I find Hanji laying on the ground... unconscious. "Hanji!" I hear someone scream.

Standing up I quickly hop over the crate again and rush to Hanji. Above me the MP's started to retreat knowing that they'd lose if they stayed in the smoke like this. Kneeling beside Hanji I checked her body. Her forehead had blood on it and her shoulder was cut.

"(Y/N), Armin look after Hanji!" Levi yells. I look up finding them above us still. The others followed Levi to go and rescue Historia and Eren, I hoped they'd get there in time.

~Levi~

As we traveled through the cave we jumped from one pillar to the next until there was a bright light shining not to far causing us all to land on the pillars. "Shit." I mutter.

We continued to push closer the worse it got. But we noticed that it wasn't Eren... he was chained out in front of the forming titan. Landing on the ledge I turn to Mikasa who had retrieved the set of keys from Historia. "Hand me the keys!" I yell.

Taking the keys from her I go and head for Eren who was looking back at us. I then hand the keys to Connie for him to go through. "Hurry it up!" I yell.

Connie quickly flipped through the keys looking for the right one. My head lifted up watching as the ceiling began to cave in. "Connie hurry, the ceiling is caving in!" I warn.

Finally, he handed me the keys and I unlocked my side of the cuffs before handing it off to Jean who was on the other side of Eren. And just as Eren came lose we all jumped back as a large chunk of gravel fell from the caving in ceiling. We all pressed back to the back wall watching as the titan continued to form... it was larger than the colossal titan. "Well this is shitty." I yell.

I then looked over Eren who seemed hopeless at this moment. "I'm sorry everyone... I'm useless from the very beginning! I'm so sorry." he yells, I could see the tears stream down his face before he turned away.