17

Chapter 17: Rising Suspicions

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

Never in my life had I studied something that would be a valuable asset to keeping me alive. But then again all I've ever studied for were quizzes and tests. Looking at the map in front of me I listen along with the cadets to the plan.

I sat beside Eren who was in the same position as me. center rear of the formation, with Levi and the rest of the squad. I would be keeping close watch on Eren and recording everything for Hanji. When class was dismissed I quickly made my way to the private training room to meet Levi.

Little had been spoken between us since the night in the motel in wall Sheena. We'd only exchange quick glances and hellos when near each other. Walking down the hall I turn to the left down an empty hallway.

Cadets didn't usually spend time down here, as much as possible they did their best to avoid it. The second door on the left I quickly open. Walking in I find Levi shirtless, punching at a old punching bag.

Having my bag with me I set it on the floor off next to Levi's clothes that laid there neatly folded. Taking my jacket off I quickly unbutton my shirt, underneath I wore a tank top. Setting my shirt and jacket on my bag I grab the gauze from the front pocket of my bag. I begin wrapping the gauze around my knuckles to protect them. When I finished doing so I turn to Levi who stood in the center of the room.

His defined abs dripping with sweat, his hair slightly damp with sweat as well. I quickly turn my head before he could catch me staring. "Get ready." he says.

Nodding I hold up my fists and prepare for him to charge.

~Hanji~

The days were counting down to the expeditions, it was only a few more weeks. After a recent study on my two titans I wrote down the new information I had gathered when a knock came to my door.

Looking up from my notebook I quickly turn to my desk and set the book down. Quickly I head for the door, twisting the knob I swiftly open the door. Erwin stood there, confused I quickly let him in.

"What is it Erwin?" I ask.

He stopped just next to me as I shut the door. Turning he placed both hands on his hips. "You're closest to (Y/N)." he starts.

Confused I step back. "Yes...what about her?" I ask.

"That girl is becoming more suspicious by the day... what did you see in her bag?" he then asks.

I looked at him in disbelief. "Just books, nothing of importance that was all I saw were pointless books." I lie.

He crossed his arms then seeming to not believe me. "Erwin, you know I wouldn't lie to you." I tell him. He nodded gently before smiling.

"I know... I was just wondering if she seemed suspicious to you at all." he says.

With that he quickly headed for the door. Suddenly I feared for (Y/N). We can't have Erwin finding out where she's from... if he does, it could really screw things up... for everyone.

~Erwin~

Exiting Hanji's office I turn down the hall. Further, down was Levi's office and right across was (Y/N) bedroom. I took it upon myself to go snoop a little, since day one that girl has been nothing but odd to me and not in a good way.

No one else, other than Levi and myself seemed to be suspicious but I could tell she was hiding something.

~Flashback~