33

Chapter 33: Torture

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I could hear the blood curdling screams from the other room as Hanji and Levi tortured the man we recently caught. Djel Sannes. I knew they weren't going to hold back on him but it still made my stomach churn hearing his screaming and imagining just what they could be doing to him.

Walking away from the door I head into the dining area where everyone was sitting also listening in to all the screaming. Jean's head tilted down as his face contorted into a look of guilt and confusion. "Damn... I thought we were supposed to be fighting titans... I don't know who the enemy is anymore...why... why did we have to get involved?" he questions.

Eren sat up straight, turning his head slightly to the side to look at me then back at Jean. "There's no other choice... If we fail, all of humanity will be exterminated." he goes on. Life we haven't heard that a million times.

"We're already considered rebels... What do you think will happen if we fail?" Sasha asks.

"We're gonna be hanged in front of everyone... no doubt about it." Jean groans dreading the thought. I too hated the thought, to die here.

"Of course it's gonna be difficult to change the system.... We've been living like this for over a century..." Armin continued to go on until he started to look insane, his once innocent eyes turned to everyone now with dark, insane eyes and a sinister smile. He was talking about making up some big accident and fool everyone.

"Just joking." he says.

We all sat there silently looking at him worried about his well-being. "Ya know... you were pretty messed up after that pervert screwed with you." Jean mutters.

Then Eren leans back towards me since I was standing directly behind his chair. "No, he's always been good at coming up with gloomy temporary measures." Eren cuts in correcting Jean.

"Even still... we're all criminals, our current enemy can't be killed in order to avoid getting eaten... they're our enemy because they have different ideas." Armin mutters. "We're not good people anymore..." he finishes before resting his head on his folded arms that rested on the table.

Armin was right... if we had to we would need to kill someone in order to carry out this mission. I had never taken a life before and I'm hoping I never have to.

~Levi~

Sannes sat there with his bloody face dripping onto the floor. Hanji had just taken all his finger nails off before I punched him multiple times- to equal out the same beatings they did to Pastor Nick. "Sorry I couldn't be more gentle about it... How many more should I rip off before I become an expert?" Hanji asks

"How many nails do you think a person has?" Sannes coughs up.

He leaned forward letting out a pained groan. " Do you know why there has never been a war inside the walls? Do you know that the peace you're enjoying was made by someone? We of the interior Military police protect this place with our dirty hands... every conflict, we were the ones to stop it right away." he goes on.

"You've also protected his country from developing new technology... why should I thank you?" Hanji questions.

"The Survey Corps too should have been eliminated... we all that you'd die off from going outside the wall... but now you're all just cancer threatening the peace." he then mutters.

I walk up to him and grab his face staring at him coldly. "I see... well you did your best... in your own way." I mutter back, fear was all I could see in his eyes and expression he knew what he said was gonna get his ass kicked.