5

Chapter 5: Missing

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Lizzi~

I closed the door to a fellow cadet's dorm, I grabbed my phone from my purse looking at the time. It had gotten pretty late and hadn't received any call or texts from (Y/N). Going into my messages I decide to text her telling her I was ready to get going.

Making my way to the front I constantly checked my phone waiting for her reply. But there was nothing. Texting her again I stop just outside at the front. This time I asked where she was, maybe she wasn't getting any of my messages even though it said it had delivered.

I then exit the messaging and go into my contacts and click on her name. I click on the mini phone icon as it went into calling mode. Placing the phone at my ear I look around while it rang.

Turning around I headed back into the headquarters, looking through most of the rooms I found no sign of her. I came up to a door with a sign reading Eren Jaeger. I knew she was going to be coming here, opening the door I pop my head in finding no sign of her.

Closing the door her phone when to voicemail. Again I tried calling her in hopes to hear her phone ringing. Passing by more rooms I found her still missing. I was now feeling a little panicked, I had no idea where my best friend was.

I checked the last few rooms in the higher ranking member area before heading out the side door. There I found what seemed to be a training ground.

In the distance, I could hear something ringing. Following the sound, I had realized it was (Y/N)'s phone ringing. As I continued to get closer the sound got louder until I found her phone laying on the ground.

I stared down at the phone for a moment before hanging up. Two things came to mind of how she could have lost her phone. One; she was just fine and dropped it, probably in the woods looking at something. Two; she was kidnapped and dropped her phone for me to find.

I assumed number two. Taking my phone I searched through my contacts until I stopped at (Y/N)'s mom's number.

With shaky hands, I pull the phone up to my ear waiting as it rang. There was a slight shuffle. "Hello?"

"Hi, it's me Lizzi," I answer, my voice had grown shaky.

"Oh hi, what do you need sweetie?" she asks.

"(Y/N)'s missing," I answer.

Her mother laughed at my answer. "Are you sure? Did you check?" she asks.

"Yes, I found her phone on the ground and no sign of her," I answer in a serious tone. (Y/N)'s mother grew silent now realizing I wasn't joking around.

"Okay, grab her phone and call a cab I will call the police," she says in a more serious and slightly worried tone.

"O-okay," I answer. Hanging up the phone I bend down and snatch the phone. I run back to the front of the headquarters to the waiting cab. Quickly getting in I explain to the driver that I needed to get to the given address.

Looking out the window I felt a wave of concern flood over me. Darting my head down at my lap I turn on (Y/N)'s phone finding the messages I had left her and the many messages her mom had left her.

Unlocking her phone I look through her messages seeing if she was hiding something. Unfortunately, she was too boring to have any secret friends. I look through all of her social media finding no trace of anything secretive. Man, my best friend would have such a boring ass life without me. Turning off her phone I resume my position with my head turned looking out the window once more.

~Time Skip~

The cab pulled up alongside the curb. Paying him the amount I lap the money into his hand and jump out of the car. Running up to the front door I ring the doorbell multiple times. Quickly within a matter of seconds, the door opened.

"Come in come in," she repeated. Walking past her I hand her (Y/N)'s phone. Walking into the living room I find two policemen standing there talking amongst each other.

"Lizzi this is officer Springer and Kirstein." (Y/N)'s mother introduces.

Shaking their hands I purse my lips together giving them a slight smile. "Can you explain to us what you two were doing today?" Officer Springer asks.

Going to the chair I sat down before them. "(Y/N) and I went to the Scout Regiment headquarters to do research on an assignment," I answer.

"Okay, did (Y/N) seem different at all?" Officer Kirstein asks. Staring at him confused I shook my head. Why would he ask that? Does she think (Y/N) is crazy?

"When did you last see her at the headquarters?" Springer asks.

I thought back to earlier realizing we had quickly split up. "Once we entered the ruins we quickly got separated," I answer.

"Okay, and where were you when she went missing?" Kirstein asks.

"I was in one of the dorms, I had found her phone outside near the forest at the edge of the training grounds," I answer.

For most of the afternoon, I filled out some reports and answering more questions. By the time it came to dinner the sun was already setting. I had shown the two men to the door. "Please, let us know if you can think of anything else, my partner and I will gather a team and look for your friend." Officer Kirstein says.

"Yes, thank you again officer," I say, watching them leave I didn't feel any sort of relief. Closing the door I stood there looking down at the floor. If I had just stayed by her side she would be here.

"Oh sweetie, it's going to be alright." her mother said. Nodding I follow her into the kitchen where she made me dinner and we continued to talk about (Y/N), hoping she was safe.

═════ 🌙 ═════