40

Chapter 40: I Love You

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

I ran, ran into the woods where the cadets said they saw her. I had to find her, stop her from leaving. She had to explain this to me... explain how she's traveled all the way... from-

~That Morning~

~(Y/N)~

I had awoken to the darkness, the warmth of Levi's arms still wrapped around me after the night we spent together. I let him get inside me, I let him own a piece of me. And now I could leave knowing a part of me would always stay.

Slowly slipping from his strong arms I tiptoe to the desk where my bag laid. Rummaging through it I found the envelope, turning back I hoped Levi would wake up and put me back into the bed... I hoped he'd make me stay. But he was still fast asleep off probably dreaming of a future that would never come between me and him.

Stepping back over to the bed I slip the envelope under his hand gently. I made sure not to wake him, with that I quickly dressed back into the clothes that came off before the events that took place.

After pulling my shirt down I snatch my bag and head for the door. With my hand on the knob I turn back one last time, the last view I'd get of him in such close range. The last real image of him, after this I'd have to look at drawings of him that could never match up.

Taking in a sharp breath I then twist the knob and slip out of the room into the dark hallway. Shutting the door behind me I quickly take off down the hall to Hanji's room. I assumed she'd still be awake since it was normal for her to have all-nighters.

Coming up to the door I knock on the door erratically hoping for her attention. Not a moment later she opened the door and let me in. "You're early." she says.

As she shuts the door I set my bag down. "I know but we need to get ready anyway... if I stayed any longer it'd be difficult to get past Levi after he's read the letter." I tell her.

She nodded once then extended her hand out waiting to take something from me. "The picture, we can burn it now." she says. Dropping to the floor on my knees I go through my bag and pull out the class photo. Standing back up I hand it to her, she takes it and head over to the counter that was overflowing with lab equipment.

She quickly lit a match and held the photo under the flame. Once it caught on fire she dropped it in a small metal bowl where it began to burn and turn into ash. After it cooled down a bit she put the contents in a small pouch after taking my blood and mixing it with the ashes.

While she was doing this I covered my hand in gauze and tied it off. "There now you're all set... I'm ready when you are." she says.

Nodding my head I took the bag and place it in my pocket. "We can wait a little bit." I tell her.

She nods and goes back to do what she was doing before I came. I decided I'd help one last time with her research while we waited.

~Time Skip~

~Levi~

I woke up to a cold breeze hitting my bare back, stretching I let out a soft groan and slowly open my eyes. Moving slightly I felt something under my hand that didn't feel soft at all. I found (Y/N)'s side empty and cold only seeing an envelope in her place.

Maneuvering myself slightly I swing my feet of the bed after taking the letter into my hand. With my feet firmly on the floor I begin to open the note, flipping the top over I pull the sheet of paper out and unfold it. My eyes quickly scanned the paper finding it was (Y/N)'s handwriting.