[Two-Shot] Sad!Kaneki Ken x Reader [Tokyo Ghoul] Only Kaneki...

*Part Two

It was requested a lot, so I asked my co-writer DesertButterfly to write it. Thank her! Minor editing/word switches

Only Kaneki...

If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy.❞ ~Kaneki Ken

[Two-Shot] Sad!Kaneki Ken x Reader [Tokyo Ghoul]

Requested By: Freakin' Everyone

"Kaneki... I love you."

That is what you had passionately said right before you lost conciousness. You didn't know exactly how long you had been unconscious, but the source of light from the patio had died down.

Your crusty eyes looked at the room you were currently in and you couldn't help but surprisingly gasp. Although your eyesight was somewhat blurry, you could tell glass was still scattered on the ground and in front of you...was the white haired person you knew all to well.

He was by the bed you were laying on and he was holding your hand that had been injured. It was wrapped in bandages so you couldn't feel that much pain unlike a while ago.

"K-Kaneki?" Your raspy voice startled Kaneki while he was still shamefully looking at your hand.

You couldn't bear seeing him in so much pain. Even though your body still wanted to rest, you forced yourself to get up.

"Y/N, you can't get up! You need to rest!"

"Stop telling me what to do and what not to do!" When you shouted at him, he stayed silent, giving you a chance to talk again.

"I'm not leaving you... I will not let you endure all of this hardship alone." You felt your eyes produce tears but you didn't want to break yet. You still wanted to talk some sense into him so you didn't want him to feel regret if you cry.

"Y/N...why can't you understand?" He sighs rather disappointingly. However, that sigh only made you angry and frustrated on how dense he was on how you felt.

"No, you don't understand! I love you and I will not leave your side! I don't want you to be alone. Why can't you just rely on me? You control your own body, and it's your willpower. You're stronger than you think, Kaneki! I believe in you!" You stared into his grey eyes as you grasped his shoulders harshly. Your hand tinged at the sudden movement but you endured it for him.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm so sorry." He avoided eye contact with you as he clutched his hands.

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong." You chuckled to at least lighten the atmosphere a bit. But as you continued to chuckle, he suddenly leaned closer to you.

"Kaneki?" Your eyes widened at the closeness.

"I love you too, Y/N." That was when you felt great pressure on your head. Your eyes slowly closed before you could have felt the pain and as a result, you fell unconscious again.

The next day, you found yourself inside of your apartment. The memory from yesterday was kind of vague, but it was enough for your tears to stream down your cheeks.

It hurt you to know that he would push you away no matter how much you pleaded. If he were to die all alone, you wouldn't know what to do. All you wanted was to be by his side but the relationship between a ghoul and a human was impossible. Yet, it made you happy that he felt the same way you felt for him.

Even if he would still continue to push you away, you wanted to tell him something you never had the chance to say. So, you quickly changed into warmer clothes and left your apartment. You bumped into a crowd of people along the way, but you didn't care. Your top priority was to tell Kaneki you've been wanting to say for a very long time.

When you were about to open the door to the Anteiku cafe, Touka prevented you from coming inside. "Touka?"

"You can't come in. I'm sorry."

"W-Why? I have something to tell Kaneki and I'll leave right away. Please let me see him." You pleaded but by judging by her eyes, no matter how much she resisted, she still stubbornly pushed you away.

"I c-can't. You have to go now." Touka eyed you sadly and quizzically, yet she didn't changer her answer.

"I see... Can you at least pass on the message I have for him?" You weakly smiled since you knew how much you begged, it would not change her decision.

"What is it?"

"Tell him...that I'm glad I met him and please do not forget the people who are by your side and supported you. Please do not torment yourself with regrets or you will never be able to protect anyone you care about."

You waved goodbye before Touka could have said anything. As she saw your form from a distance, she sadly sighs and closes the door to the cafe.

You turned around and looked at the cafe one last time before you felt hot tears stream down your cheeks. You tugged on some strands of you hair and continued sobbing. "Aha, this sucks... Kaneki, I already miss you."

A/N
I wanted to keep it sad, so that's why it ended like this! Hope you like it! What do you guys thinks?

Midterms are coming up so, sorry if I don't post as much. :P They're next week for me.