[Imagine] Angst!Suzuya Juuzo x Reader [Tokyo Ghoul] Unrequited

Unrequited

I don't care what happens to anyone who pisses me off, they can die for all I care. ❞ ~Suzuya Juuzo

[Imagine] Angst!Suzuya Juuzo x Reader [Tokyo Ghoul]

Requested by: eren-jaeger876

a/n please please please please read the manga if you haven't. Now I understand why everyone says that. sorry, if you find it bad.

it's also short.

-

10:00 pm

Your eyes widened as you stared at the news channel, and saw the aftermath of the raid on a coffee shop fairly far from where you lived. They were reporting this planned attack hours late, but at least the CCG had even allowed for coverage of it to take place.

'Anteiku' was the shop's name- but from what you saw, the only fragments left of the place had been burnt down or were unrecognizable.

Unidentifiable body parts, alongside blood showed a mixture of despair as the grotesque scenery was engraved in your brain.

But, you selfishly sat on the sofa in your tiny living room as the beating of your heart became louder and your emotions threatened to flood over. You didn't care about the rest of his comrades, as long as he was safe- as selfish as the request was, that's what you had hoped from the very first day you had met him.

A part of you was afraid to admit that you would possibly kill for Suzuya Juuzo, but that side of you was also slowly committing to the insanity you had poisoned yourself with, long ago.

~

7:00 am

Suzuya frowned at you, as you caressed his warm hand with your cold ones. He was lying on the hospital bed and appeared to be tired- it was just like how the nurses had said, he was probably refusing sleep.

You had heard what happened to his partner, but your mind was only engulfed with Suzuya.

"Are you alright?"

"Y/N, you've asked that ten times by now. I'm fine,"

Between the both of you, small talk simply wouldn't suffice. Suzuya nearly told you everything, though you were an average person that had no affiliations with other CCG investigators or the corporation itself.

It was a blur of how you both met, that's how long ago it felt.

"Are you positive you don't want anything? Your nurse said that you barely ate- I can get you food from the cafeteria."

You paused when Suzuya said nothing, instead he only grasped your hand tighter, and you watched as his slight pout unraveled into a smile.

"I don't like it when you're so frantic. I think that it stresses you out. I love you, Y/N, and I would never want my best friend to feel bad." He ruffled your hair, though it was slightly uncharacteristic of the white-haired male.

"Ah," you breathed out as you stood up from the chair that you had placed directly at his bedside.The warm feeling of his hand left yours as you pulled away, though the butterflies in the pit of your stomach increased.

"How about I get you a pudding cup. Can you at least eat that?"

Suzuya looked up at you with weary eyes, before nodding his head yes, and resting on his pillow. There wasn't much he could do, nor much that he actually wanted to do. It was quite apparent to you that Suzuya was feeling hollow after the previous night's events.

But with you, his appointed best friend by his side, surely he would make it...

You walked out of the hospital room with your head down, as you played with your fingers while walking to the nearest elevators in order to reach the hospital's cafeteria.

Never had you thought having an unrequited love, would feel this pitiful.

Conveying your feelings wasn't an option. So, it was true, Suzuya's own best friend, was in love with him. Yet there was absolutely nothing you could do about it.

At least you were close enough by his side, and could hold his hand whenever you honestly desired.

But even with this simple action, you reminded yourself that it hold different meanings for each of your hearts.