Guilty Conscience Part 52

Deidara lay in his new double bed, his untied hair sprawled carelessly out across the pillow as he stared into the nothingness that was the ceiling with those piercing blue eyes of his. To the average person it would appear that he was just plainly staring but the clockwork that his mind was doing right now was immense.

Deidara's heart had been filled with guilt all night long due to his troubled thoughts of Tila and he had barely slept a wink last night. He contemplated whether or not he should tell Sasori about what happened after he'd passed away, how would his Danna react though?

His feelings for Tila hadn't changed since the last time he saw her.. But he had a hunch that things would be different now that Sasori had returned..

Or would it? Deidara questioned himself, the stress of arguing with himself mentally was tiering so Deidara let out a long sigh and quickly got up. He had made up his mind, now hastily beginning to get ready and leaving his room. Destination, to find Sasori. He knew that Sasori was truly the only one he could talk to about his internal affliction.

___________________________

"Sasori!"

Knock, knock.

"Danna! You there? Un"

.....

Hm.

Deidara backed away from Sasori's bedroom door and headed down for the spiralling flight of stairs towards the training room which was located on the first floor. As he entered he saw Sasori lying down on his back in the middle of the training room floor.

"Sasori my man, what're you doing, Hm?" He questioned as he slowly approached and decided to take a seat beside him. Sasori merely cracked open one eye revealing a beautiful beige iris then closed it again.

"Tila used to do this all the time, thought I'd give it a try" Sasori replied. Deidara was a little surprised by his response but after a moments pause and contemplation Deidara lay down beside Sasori and closed his eyes.

"Danna, I need to tell you something, un." Deidara said slowly.

"What is it Deidara?" Sasori asked, eyes still shut tight as he lay still beside his comrade.

"After you left.. Tila.. was a complete mess," Deidara explained, his voice but a whisper.

"I know.. If I could take it back I would Deidara." Sasori replied hesitantly.

"I looked after her when you left Danna.. you know, I can see why you liked her," Deidara gave a small chuckle.

Sasori slowly sat up and nudged Deidara who was still lying down. Deidara opened his eyes back up at the nudge of his shoulder and realised Sasori was now giving him a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" Sasori asked, Deidara slowly sat up too and thought carefully about his next words.

"After you left, I fell for her Danna," He explained. To his surprise Sasori's lips broke Into a small mischievous smile.

"I'm grateful that you took care of her, but don't think I'm going to let you have her that easily," Sasori mused, his beige eyes that connected with Deidara's crystal blue ones teased.

"We'll see about that, hm. I'll fight you for her yeah?" Deidara broke out into a smirk and then he stood up.

"You don't stand a chance Deidara, don't kid yourself," Sasori replied sounding quite amused as he too stood and faced Deidara as though impending an attack. The two eyed each other playfully for a moment before Sasori summoned a puppet an Deidara took out some clay.