Fear Part 44

As I slowly turned around in anticipation I saw Madara's dark figure loom only inches away from me. I stared blankly at him as he walked closer towards me then took a seat beside me on the soft grass. His enticing scent filling my senses as the breeze blew past us.

"What're you doing here?" I asked suspiciously. His cold eyes trailed along the featured of my face slowly, his expression intrusive.

"I came to find you," he responded. I diverted my gaze down towards my cold palms, not wanting to feel those deeply piercing eyes of his on me. His voice darkly captivating me as he spoke.

"Long ago, I too had someone I cared about more than anything in this world," I sat silently and listen as he started to tell me a story.

"When he died I was filled with a deep dark hatred and to this day it is what drives me to change the fate of this cursed world." My heart plummeted as I thought about how saddening Madara's situation was. I knew exactly how he felt.. Maybe not to the extent of his pain but at the least I'd experienced a glimpse of what the world was capable of making someone feel.

Pain. Suffering. Hatred.

"There is nothing good in this world and I plan to change that. Then there will be no need for you to cry anymore" Madara's voice said now more softly from beside me. I slowly looked back up towards Madara as I realised what he had just said.

"But how..." I stammered, I hadn't though Madara had cared about anyone but himself.. Or at least that's the way it seemed.

"By casting an eternal Genjutsu that will reflect off the moon and catch everyone in it. Only then will we exist in a world of true peace," he explained, still steadily holding my gaze which I return in blankness.

"I don't understand.. How capturing the tailed beasts will result in you being able to do that" I said as I bit my lip in anticipation. The presence of Madara being so close beside me was enough to give me shivers. There was... Something about him.. Something cold and dark.

"It's simple, once I have all of the tailed beasts then I can use their power to become the ten tails Jinchuriki - holding such a vast amount of power will enable me to cast an infinite Tsyukinomi upon the moon" he said now smirking darkly. I let out a small sigh and looked back down at the ground.

"I want you to be by my side to help me accomplish my goal" Madara then said unexpectedly. I held my head down and started to fidget as I thought about his words..
What.. Does he mean by that..?

"I.. Don't know what you mean" I whispered, I guess the only way to find out was ask..

"You have no choice in the matter anyways so don't worry about what I mean" he then said dismissively. Suddenly I felt his grip tightly grasp around my upper arm and felt myself being pulled to my feet. I quickly looked up in surprise at the sudden gesture.

"Madara, what're you doing?" I asked as I started at him standing before me - that playful smirk accompanied by cold eyes upon me.

"You'll get sick if you sit out here in the cold. We're going inside to have a cup of tea" he stated. I couldn't believe what he just said.. Was he for real? How could his demeanour change so rapidly..?

"Stop staring woman, do I have to drag you back by your hair?" His voice now gaining back it's authority and before I could reply I felt his grip on my arm tighten as he started to drag me back to the base!

"Hey! Be gentle!" I exclaim as I attempted to Shake my arm from his grip but to no avail did he let go..

I hurried my pace so that I was keeping up with Madara's as we walked back towards the entrance. Madara finally let go as we stopped in front of the boulder. I watched as he released the seal and made his way in, I followed behind as he closed it again.