The Place I Call Home Part 66

I want to thank the amazing Shinigami5 for editing this chapter for me, she's truly brought out the beauty!

The absolutely wonderful drawing in all it's glory is by the incredibly talented Ninja_cat_wolf-thing . Props to her for being so artistically inclined!

~

'Knock... knock'

I feel the fear inside me creep into every crevice of my body as the slow, almost mocking knock echoes against the wood of the door, anticipation of what is to come races through my mind in a whirlwind of confusion and hatred whilst I carefully sit upright on the bed.

'I must face him, I must embrace my fate... just as I have always done'

"Come in" I call out to the monster that lurks beyond the walls that surrounded me, an irk simpering inside me as though I'd just invited death, slowly taking over.

A small moment passes before the door creeks open slowly only to reveal the handsome yet deadly Madara himself. I watched intently as he stepped into the room, his eyes glazing over me steadily, dangerously, but I would not waver, I would not let him pull the wool over my eyes again.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" He asks me curiously, I take a slow breath as I answer his question.

"It's cold and lonely in this room." I explain as innocently as I can, now wondering why he was playing along...

If he knew that I had in fact already recovered my memories... Why hadn't he attacked me?

Why hadn't he called me out on it?

"I lost you once before and I won't lose you again. I think it would be best if you stayed in my chambers for the night. Your clothing has also arrived." his deep voice spoke, cunning and hidden cruelty dancing throughout the sound.

I contemplated for a moment, hesitant as to what his ulterior motives may be but when I failed to grasp any I slowly nodded my head in agreement.

"Hn." he hummed, eyes still piercing me before turning around and heading back out of the room.

I followed behind him cautiously, not knowing when he may unexpectedly turn on me but as we reached his room he opened the door and stepped aside, letting me enter first which only made my anxieties increase immensely.

"Your clothes are on the couch. Wash up before you come to bed" he demanded, closing the door behind him before standing beside me - those illusive eyes glazing over my form... Where is he heading with this?

No matter how much hatred boiled inside of me I had no choice but to follow his lead. I walked over to the couch and picked up a white silk night gown then went into the bathroom making sure to lock the door behind me. I undressed then turned on the hot water of the shower, readjusting the taps so the water was of a calming tepid temperature then stepped into the spacious booth that felt intimidating despite its seeming inconspicuous, letting the tranquillity of the water fall free over my skin. A sigh escaped my lips as I stood underneath the barrage of water, my body trembling slightly as I let the caged anxieties burst loose and besiege my mind.

'Was undoing the Reanimation Jutsu truly the answer?'

'What should I do?'

'Why is he still acting as though he doesn't know my secrets?'

'Was he trying to lure me out? Use my own fears against me?'

'If he was unsure of my mental state, surely he could not just come out and accuse me...?'