Covert Operation Part 23

As I woke I could feel the warmth of Sasori's body pressed against me. I glance over to him, only to see that he had his eyes closed. Was he actually sleeping? I couldn't believe it, I was sure he had said that he never slept. I stare at the way his red hair swept and framed the flawless white skin of his cheeks. His perfect completion is so enticing. I slowly lift my hand up to touched his well-structured cheek bone as gently as I can. My finger tips trace his soft skin. His eyes begin to open so I quickly withdraw my hand.

"I thought you were asleep." I blush slightly, he smiles softly.

"I don't sleep, I was just relaxing," He blinks slowly then pulls me closer into him. I rest my head on the crevice of his neck. Gaze falling on to the box on my cupboard. It had the new needles inside it.

"I picked up some needles yesterday, I was thinking of coating them in poison," I say quietly. Sasori peers down at me, interest evident as he raises a brow.

"You want to make a poison?" He askes.

"Yeah, can you maybe help me? I already have an idea of what kind of base I want to use but..." Sasori puts his hand over my mouth, muffling my words.

"We can go down to my lab and get started. Go and get ready." He says before letting go of my face.

"Really?" I'm surprised at how quickly he accepts. He gives a nod so I quickly get out of bed and go take a shower. When I'm done I tie up my hair so it's out of the way and go back to Sasori. He's sitting on the edge of my bed waiting. Upon seeing me he gives a faint smile, I go over to my wardrobe to get dressed. But, Sasori comes over and peers over my shoulder.

"Wear this." He casually points at favourite floral dress. I smiled at his choice, taking it out. My towel falls to the floor as I drop it and step in to the dress. Sasori doesn't seem to mind, he's already seen all of me the night before so I felt comfortable around him. He has a chivalry about him when it came to these kinds of situations. He never made me uncomfortable which I was grateful for.

After I'd finished changing, I grabbed the needles and we both went to Sasori's room which apparently was where his lab was. I'd contemplated asking Sasori for his help earlier, but, I was worried that he wouldn't be interested in the idea. So, I never asked. But, after last night there was no way he could refuse, right?

Sasori opened his bedroom door and strolled into his room casually, dragging aside the carpet on the floor which revealed loose floorboards. It resembles a trap door. Then, he lifts the door flap. I peer down from over his shoulder, only to see a long flight of stairs that descended beneath the floor.

Sasori started to walk down the stairs so I followed closely behind him. The staircase was very steep and narrow. After taking the last few steps my feet hit solid concrete. A candle light flickered, illuminating the small underground basement. Puppets hung in rows along the walls. There was a long 'L' shaped bench, it stretched right around the room.

"Over here." His voice calls me from beside the bench. I join him at the table.

"Now, what base do you want to use?" He asked, pointing to a long row of shelves. I closely inspect the labels of the jars, four rows of them. There were so many ingredients to choose from.

"You have quite the collection." I mumble, one in particular finally catching my eye.

"Don't keep me waiting." The jar that stood out was one with a black widow spider suspended inside it.

"This one." I point it out clearly to him. He takes the jar off the shelf and puts it down on the bench.

"I want this poison to work on the nervous system, so it will paralyse quickly... Within minutes. If it's possible..." I say. Sasori listens intently.