Tilas First Mission Part 21

"I say we leave now" Sasori says calmly. "Alright then," I agree as Dei nodded along at Sasori's impatient idea.

"Where should we start then, Sasori my man?" Dei asks, leaning back and relaxing on to his hands.

"As it so happens, I have subordinates working for me in the sand village on the council." he says, a dark smirk forms.

"And how's that going to help, Hm?" Dei asked sceptically. "Because, the one tail - Shikaku, is the demon of the sand. My own village is the host to it." Sasori explained coldly. Deidara raised an eyebrow.

"You have this thought out pretty well as usual, un." He seems a tad annoyed.

"Yeah, unlike you, I have a brain." Sasori spat back causing Deidara to frown..

"Well then, Let's get ready and go." I say. Trying to breaking the weird tension I can feel forming between them.

"I'll organize for my subordinate to meet me tomorrow just before nightfall, pack your things. We're leaving in twenty." Sasori coldly informs before standing. He shoots one more death glare down at Dei then walks off. I stay seated for a moment, watching Dei as he leans back on his arms, his gaze travelling up to the ceiling of the cave roof. "Sasori really ticks me off sometimes, un." I could sense traces of irritation in his voice.

"Why is that?" I questioned, Never really understanding why they butt heads so much.

"He's always going on about how art is something that should last for an eternity... Art should be fleeting! A quick flash of beauty before fading away, making it's existence so much more sublime, Hm!" He rants.

"You both could argue for an eternity about it but I doubt it would change either of your opinions." I pat him on the thigh reassuringly. He sits up and gives me that all too familiar smirk.

"Your right... Come on, we don't want to keep him waiting or we both won't hear the end of it, un."

He quickly stands, holding out a hand to help me up too. I take it, he pulls me on to my feet. Suddenly, I feel something wet and soft on my palm.

"Why'd you lick me!" I huff, looking down at my drool covered hand.

"Guess you taste good, un" He teases. I sweat drop, wiping it on my pants. I sigh before walking off. Of all the excuses? That's the best he could come up with?! Dei calls out from behind me. "I was kidding yeah?"

I just ignore him and keep walking down the hall towards my room, closing my bedroom door behind me as I get there. I start putting a few changes of clothes in to a scroll, then, pack it in to a small side bag. I continue to put a few essentials away in to another scroll, and then pull out my weapons and medical supply scrolls and pack that too.

I'm lucky they're small scrolls or they wouldn't fit. I then grab my Akatsuki cloak and put it on, then, sit back down on my bed. Have I forgotten anything? Clothes. Weapons. Medical supplies. Small essentials, hair brush etc.

That should be fine. I try to convince the other half of me that doesn't seem to agree. Oh wait,

"My onesie!" I exclaim aloud. Oops. I reach into my draw and pull it out, then, quickly poof it in to my Essentials scroll. I shut my door behind me as I leave, slowly walking back to meet my comrades.

As I get closer to the cavernous room I see Sasori standing alone against the boulder. I pick up my pace and stroll over.

"Why's Deidara taking so long..." Sasori grumbles under his breath. I lean up against the wall beside him, gazing up to the ceiling. Sasori glances over at me. "What's so interesting about the roof?" He asks suspiciously.