Don't Let Tomorrow Come Part 64

As Sasori and I briskly walk back towards the base I feel like I'm finally going home for the first time, the thought of seeing everyone makes me feel so anxious but excited all at once, however these dreadful worries that plague me about the upcoming war are still in the back of my mind and they aren't going away anytime soon.

We finally made it up the stairwell and towards the meeting room door, as I pushed it open I saw Konan and Deidara both look up in our direction.

"I need to call a meeting" I told them both seriously as I walked over, they gave a look of apprehension and Konan suddenly stood up, her eyes still locked on me as I reached her side.

"Tila.. Did you.." She began to say carefully, I knew what she was going to ask so I gave a small assuring nod. Her eyes lit up and Deidara quickly stood up onto his feet too, he pushed past Konan and wrapped his arms tightly around me without warning, smothering my face into his chest as he did.

"It's so good to to have you back un" Deidara sighed in relief, I felt some of my anxiety settle slightly but I couldn't breath because he was hugging me to tightly. "It feels good to be back, I'm so sorry Deidara .." I managed to say although muffled slightly.

I felt Deidara let me go again, he seemed so relieved but I on the other hand didn't completely share those feelings. "I'll go and gather everyone then, hm" Deidara then said before quickly walking out of the room.

Sasori, Konan and I took a seat at the table, a few looks were exchange and I could tell there was something that was wanting to be said before Konan finally spoke.

"How did you get your memory back?" She asked plainly, I could see the curiosity shine in her eyes, I let out a small sigh because I just didn't know if I really wanted to talk about it..

The whole ordeal was just so unorthodox and it made me feel strange. I shot Sasori a very small blank look and I think he may have picked up on the fact that I didn't want to talk about it because he then cleared his throat.

"We can talk about it later Konan, I think there are more pressing issues at hand" he explained calmly. Konan accepted the answer given with a curt nod and let the subject go, I leaned back in my chair and looked straight ahead at the double wooden oak doors and as I did they opened.

Kakazu hadn't changed a bit and Kisame gave that familiar fishy grin as they both walked in and took a seat at the other end of the table.

"About time kid" Kisame teased, Kakazu on the other hand simply gave a small huff - the door then opened again and Hidan who's smirk was from ear to ear burst in!

"Fuck! Finally! Shit has been so boring without you around" Hidan then exclaimed as he slumped down Into the chair besides Kakazu who just stared at him for a moment blankly.. Probably thinking about what an idiot he is.

"I've been here the whole time" I chuckled jokingly, Hidan just rolled his eyes playfully - suddenly the door opened again but this time Itachi, Sasuke and Deidara made their way in and took a seat, those stoic expressions will never fade. I started to explain now that everyone was facing me and quietly listening, "Look, I need to talk about this war". As I announced what my concerns were about I received a few curious looks from around the room so I decided to go on.

"I'm so sorry for not being a part of this earlier but I'm here now. It's a lot to take in but I don't think we should go to war" I explained firmly, I had a feeling that I would get some hard questions thrown my way and I'd mentally prepared for it.

"What are you talking about Til? Why not?" Deidara asked as he sat on the edge of his chair leaning into the table earnestly.

"Too many people are going to die, we know what Madara is like. He doesn't have any regard for life". Deidara sat back and brushed his hair back with his hand as though letting my response sink in.