Tesselate Part 43

I finally got out of bed feeling happily giddy at the idea of finally being sent on a mission. It had been a long time since I had been assigned something challenging to do around this morbid place. I quickly had a shower and got ready for the meeting I was to attend to plan out our mission to obtain the nine tailed Jinchuriki. After I got out of the shower I decided to wear a pair of black shorts and a baggy jumper then tied up my long blond hair into a high ponytail.

I didn't think I'd need to dress up seeing as there truly was no one to impress. I went down to the kitchen and took my time as I ate some toast then headed for leaders old office. As I reached the door I knocked. Madara cold voice beckon me in from behind the door so I obliged. As I opened up the door I noticed straight away that the room had been completely re-arranged..

In the centre of the room there was a large round table, bookcases still lined the three walls but the wall in which the door was on stayed empty. I gazed around at the change in scenery until my eyes finally lay themselves upon the two figure sitting across the table. An extremely bored looking Madara sat beside Obito who was busily writing something into an old scruffy notepad.

"So you like the new furniture?" Madara's cold voice asked from across the table his dark eyes piercing me as I stood in the half opened doorway.

"It's... Different" I replied now closing the door and taking a seat across from Madara. I watched as Obito continued to frivolously write and seemed to not take any notice of Madara's comments. I glanced back at Madara for a moment and noticed his black empty gaze still intently on me.

I averted my stare and looked elsewhere.. Hadn't this guy ever been told how rude it is to stare? The way he looks at me.. Makes me feel so.. Vulnerable.

Creeek.

I turn around quickly at the sound of the door opening and watch as Pain and Konan both enter and take a seat at the well-sized rounded table.

"Took your time" Madara said coldly as Pain sat and looked around at everyone.

"Let's just begin" Pain replied, trying to ignore Madara's foul demeanour.

"Hm. Obito. Brief us on the target first." Madara ordered. Obito put down his pen and looked up, his face seemed gaunt and he looked very tired.. Madara must have had him doing all sorts of bidding for him.. It's no surprise really.

"Firstly, the reason this mission is being assigned to the three of you is because realistically, no one else would be able to succeed," I nodded as I listened closely to Obito, "Now, the Jinchuriki name is Naruto Uzumaki. He's from the hidden leaf village and is about 17 years in age. According to intel we've gathered so far, his abilities consist of Justus such as: multi shadow clones, the Rasegan and just basically his guts and determination." Obito paused to breath after his long sentence.

By the sounds of what Obito was saying this Naruto Uzumaki kid sounded like he was quite the interesting Jinchuriki..

"Naruto Uzumaki has been known to travel frequently on missions with his three man squad which consist of; Sakura Haruno, Kakashi Hatake - The copy ninja and the most recent addition to their squad is an ex foundation ninja named Sai. The reason we have been able to gather such precise intel is because in the past this particular leaf squad has given us quite a bit of trouble." Obito paused again and the look on his face shifted slightly, I watched curiously for what his next words would be.

"The nine tails and his squad were the ones responsible for Sasori, Hidan and Kakazu's deaths."

The mention of my lost comrades names made my heart beat like a drum, this one Jinchuriki was the one responsible for all of this pain and suffering I had endured.. I felt a loathing arise that I couldn't control. After everything that had happened would I now have a chance to exact my revenge?