The Reunion Part 50

Konan and Sasori both stood together in a chilling silence until Konan eventually started to feel a familiar Chakra signature not far from their location.

"I've found someone, quickly let's go" Konan beckoned. So, Sasori and her both headed of in the direction of the closest village from their current location. Little did they know It was the same village in which Deidara and Itachi had both just finished eating their Dangos in.

____________________

As Deidara and Itachi both exited the shop Itachi soon noticed two peculiar figures loom closer from within the distance. Deidara noticed that Itachi's attention was focused on them and watched with him as Hidan and Kakuzu both came into vision.

"Hey! What're you two doing here, Hm!" Deidara yelled out at the two who had also only just realised who was staring at them.

"Yeah, where here, what of it!" Hidan yelled back irritably at Deidara's ridiculous question as the two so called immortals now approached nearer so that they were merely feet away from Deidara and Itachi.

"Its seems we've all been brought back from the dead," Itachi said out aloud in case anyone else was truly daft enough to not have noticed.

"Hm, you don't say Itachi. Then you died too huh?" Kakuzu retorted sarcastically. Itachi continued to glare at Kakuzu coldly until the small awkward silence was broken by another supposedly dead comrade.

"Sasori," Deidara stuttered slightly as the group turned to face Konan and Sasori who had only just popped their heads into the conversation. Sasori stared at Deidara and watched in confusion at Deidara's strange reaction to his appearance and before Sasori could duck or dodge - Deidara flung himself around Sasori in a massive bromantic hug.

"Oh Danna, I've never been happier to have you back yeah!" Deidara exclaimed now letting Sasori go again. Sasori and everyone else who was standing around watched in awe at the strange actions that had just taken place - Sasori wasn't the type you could just hug at random but in this case he decided to let it slide.

"Watch it or this time ill kill you" Sasori said blankly back to Deidara who's cheeky smirk increased at Sasori's words, at this point he was a lot more worried about Tila and didn't have the time to be mad at Deidara for being creepy.

"It's good to see you all again," Konan said in relief as she looked around at everyone now, the thought of all the members being back together was one of a great relevance that she couldn't explain but Konan also couldn't help but to feel worried knowing that they were still missing someone important.

"We don't have any time to loose, Tila's been taken captive by Madara Uchiha and we need to get her back" Sasori then announced to everyone in an urgent manner. Kakuzu and Deidara's facial expressions hardened, Hidan's mouth slightly dropped open and Itachi simply stared blankly at the bad news.

"A lot has happened since we died then, how do you say we get her back?" Itachi's deep voice asked the group.

"More importantly how did this happen and who the hell is Madara, Hm?" Deidara demanded as he looked around to Konan for answers. She paused for a moment as she thought about the best thing to do right now but the truth was she didn't quite know..

"Madara is the one who was controlling the Akatsuki behind the scenes, it's a long story but firstly I think we should head back to the rain village. Madara is most likely still using our old base for all I know and we don't have any idea were Tila might be" She explained to everyone.

"Fuck that! We need to go and get Tila now, can't we just go and force it out of this heathen??" Hidan retorted now starting to loose his temper at the situation.

"No, we have no idea what we're walking into. Konan is right, we need to regroup and plan" Kakuzu said, Hidan looked over to him.

"Fine" Hidan then sighed in annoyance. Sasori and Deidara both nodded reluctantly and Itachi as usual remained blank.

The reborn Akatsuki had now come to some sort of decision so they quickly started to head for the village hidden In the rain. The old building that Nagato resigned in would now be their new base seeing as they had no idea what would await them back at the old one. Night had fallen by the time they had reached their destination and as soon as they returned they all gathered in the meeting room to discuss their next move.

_________

The meeting room at the new base was very different to that of the old base.

The walls were a dark purple and the lights were dim, within the centre of the room was a large rectangular table which seated about ten people in total which was perfect as each member sat at the table waiting for Konan to speak seeing as she was the only one who hadn't died and knew what had happened since they had been away.

"Now, a lots changed since you all died.. Firstly Madara Uchiha was reborn. All the tailed beasts have been captured except for the eight and nine tails. Sasuke failed to capture the eight and Pain also died in the process of capturing the ninth. He also decided to leave Tila as the leader of the Akatsuki before passing away but shortly afterwards Tila was taken by Madara" Konan explained out aloud to everyone who was listening intently.

"We need to find out where Tila is immediately" Sasori announced.

"Yes I agree, where is Kisame?" Itachi asked.

"He.. should be back at the base, Kisame has no idea of what's happened!" Konan exclaimed now remembering that he wasn't here.

"I may be able to contact Kisame through a Genjutsu if I can get close enough to the base to sense his Chakra" Itachi suggested.

"That could work" Kakuzu nodded.

"Well shit, I guess it's a better idea than nothing" Hidan agreed too.

"Hm, why don't we just run through the place? Un" Deidara suggested curiously.

"Because idiot, we don't know what traps Madara might have set" Sasori explained irritably. Deidara shot an annoyed look back at Sasori who was now looking back over to Konan and completely ignoring Dei.

"I think Itachi's idea was a plausible one, tomorrow Itachi, Kakuzu and Sasori will head off for the base and attempt to make contact" Konan announced. Most nodded or replied yeah but Deidara suddenly stoop up.

"Why can't Hidan and I go Hm?" He asked slightly offended.

"Because this mission is going to require stealth and neither you nor Hidan are anywhere near quiet enough" Kakuzu's deep voice shot across the room.

Sasori broke out into a small smirk at Kakuzu's brutal honesty, Deidara huffed and sat back down. The group then decided to disperse and rest until they were to leave at daybreak. The base consisted of four levels at the top of the building which were liveable, including enough bedrooms for everyone so there was no need for anyone to argue over which room was theirs.

Everyone started to settle down and get some sleep but there was one person in particular that just couldn't stop thinking about what Tila might be going through.

He had a hunch that this situation could be more serious than anyone else had truly anticipated. If only his hunch wasn't correct.