Smoke And Mirrors Part 30

As I woke up I could still feel the warmth radiating off Deidara's bare skin, it felt so comforting that part of me wanted to stay cuddled up next to him. But, I knew I couldn't. Today was an important day, I had lots of things to do before I left for my mission. So, I slowly lifted Deidara's arm from around my waist and tried to carefully put it back down beside him but he started to rouse. "Deidara" I whispered.

"Mmh," he groaned tiredly. I nudged him gently and he sleepily opened his eyes.

"I have some things to take care of, you can sleep in and I'll just come and find you before I leave tonight," I told him. He gave a nod then closed his eyes again. I don't blame him for being half asleep, blowing things up all the time must surely wear him out. Carefully, I manoeuvred my way off the end of the bed and went to the bathroom, quickly grabbing a pair of jeans, a plain shirt and a big puffy jumper before getting in the shower.

I stood under the hot water as it ran down my back refreshingly. A rumble in the pits of my stomach ached, I didn't know if it was because I was hungry or scared about having to go back. I turned off the shower tap and stepped out into the steamy bathroom, grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body then took a look in the mirror. I couldn't see a thing because it was shrouded in hot mist from my shower. I wiped a small portion of the condensation away and cougar a glimpse of my long wet hair and soft light skin.

Was there something I wasn't seeing?

I dried myself off, got ready then headed down to the kitchen for breakfast. Guess I would know what was causing my stomach to ache after I ate something. A growing girl also needs to eat right? As soon as I walked into the kitchen I saw Kisame sitting at the bench and Itachi flipping an omelette high up then catching it again in the pan.

"Impressive" I cooed as went over and opened up the pantry door.

"Sharingan" Itachi answered casually, his attention still on cooking.

"Yes, I must say that Sharingan of yours comes in handy" Kisame jeered sending a playful smirk my way. His carefree attitude always put a smile on my face.

"I saw that," Itachi said, still not taking his eyes off the omelette in front of him. I took an apple from the cupboard and sat down beside Kisame. Itachi slid the omelette onto a plate then handed it to him. I caught a glimpse of his hypnotic red eyes for only a moment before averting my gaze. "Perfect as always" Kisame took the knife and fork from Itachi. I ate my apple and watched as the two exchanged looks, Kisame had a big grin on his face and Itachi looked pretty emotionless as he retracted his Sharingan. All of a sudden I felt a poof of smoke.

Oh. I must have been summoned again.

_________

I was right. Kure was standing in front of me as soon as the smoke had dispersed.

"Well, well. Are you're ready?" She asked. I nod quickly taking the last bite of my apple and discarding it, Kure comes a little closer towards me, all eight of her legs walking in sync.

"Before we begin, I must teach you the fundamentals of Dark Release." She told me, so I focused all of my attention on Kure's words.

"Dark Release is a shade style that is an advanced nature Kekke Genkai. It can be used to absorb, manipulate and release Chakra taken from an opponent," she explained.

"Wait, then... You can only use it if someone's attacking you?" She nodded.

"Yes, Dark Release can only be used for self-defence, Tila. This Kekkei Genkai runs through the Gokegumo clan bloodline. Your fathers' clan. You see, self-defence is a black widows specialty," Kure smiled darkly.