Alter-Ego part 27

I open my eyes to see my lilac coloured wall, what happened last night? I feel so heavy as I rollover. Suddenly, I feel something against my back. I peer over my shoulder to see that Deidara is spooning me! Oops... This could be awkward. How can I manoeuvre my way out of his grip without waking him up? His leg is slung over my hip and his arm is wrapped around my mid. Slowly, I wiggle out of his grip, careful not to wake him. Groaning, he moves around, then, he pulls me in closer.

"you're awake? un." His voice is raspy with sleep.

"Yeah, you're spooning me Dei," I tell him, looking over my shoulder.

"What?" He says, cracking his eyes open, "Oh sorry, un." He lets go and rolls on to his back, gazing up. I couldn't make it out clearly but I think he may have been blushing.

"Let's go and have breakfast." I sit up and throw the blanket off us. Feeling a little better than I had yesterday. But, as soon as I get out of bed my brain switched on, remembering that Sasori was no longer here. My heart sinks, I didn't know how to make this feeling go away. It was like my chest had become heavy and it hurt to breathe.

"Are you alright? un." Deidara asked, realising I'd stopped. He stood up and grabbed my wrists.

"Dei?" I was confused as he pulled me up on my feet.

"Just get dressed yeah? I'll meet you in the kitchen." He let go of my wrists and walked out, closing the door behind him. I looked over to my wardrobe and contemplated what to wear. I remembered that time Sasori had picked out a dress for me, by sheer luck he'd picked my favourite one. I opened up the wardrobe and picked out a nice dress, it was a tie-die pink and blue and it pleated out from the waistline down to just above the knees. It was so colourful and looking at the colours cheered me up somewhat. I brushed out my hair and left it down.

I wonder what day it is today... Wait, It's my birthday. Oh, how could I forget that?! I was Seventeen today... I guess it slipped my mind with everything that had been happening. I felt like I haven't even had time to breathe.

I finished getting ready and headed for the kitchen, as I walked in I saw Kisame and Kakuzu sitting at the kitchen bench, Deidara was busy cooking. I sat down next to Kisame.

"Tila, good to see you're alright," Kisame looks in my direction.

"Yeah. I'm okay, just a bit hazy. I even forgot it was my birthday." I joked. Deidara turns around with two plates filled with eggs, bacon, mushroom, spinach and tomato.

"Here, un." He puts it down with a bright smile.

"Wow. Thanks," I stared at the delicious breakfast in front of me in awe.

"It's fine yeah? Just eat, it is your birthday right?" He teased, I chuckle back at his remark. Kakuzu grunts.

"what's gotten into you Deidara? You never made me breakfast on my birthday," He eyes him suspiciously.

"We should celebrate tonight!" Kisame jeers, looking at me with a fishy grin on his face.

"I suppose, I never really do anything for it," I admit. All three of them look at me for a moment, I ignore it and start eating my eggs.

"I'll see what I can do." Kisame pops his last piece of sushi into his mouth. Deidara nods, leaving me to think about what that meant. Before I can ask what he was planning I hear a loud childish voice squeal and someone run up behind me.

"Tobi sees a pretty girl! And she has such beautiful long hair!" I feel someone lift up the back of my hair and start to throw it up into the air excitedly. I turn around to see an orange swirly mask with a hole in one eye.