Ulterior Motives Part 39

Soft velvet sheets encase me as I stare at the dimly lit ceiling. I'd woken up but, two days of sealing had me still tired. My mind strayed. After the last encounter I'd had with Madara I was worried about leaving my room, but, I couldn't hide in here forever.

Who knew how long Itachi and Kisame would take on their mission. The deep desire to train today was stronger than my uneasiness. Madara's Genjutsu had been quickly flipped into my own, and, I need to know how he was injured after my Genjutsu was released. But, there was no answer. Instead of going around in a figure-eight, I let it go for now and get up.

I pull out my Genjutsu scroll and read it over five times, memorising it completely. I need to know all I could seeing as Itachi had offered to train me. On top of that, I attached a tattoo summons on my wrist for my poisoned needles. Scrolls were bothersome.

When I'd finished I get ready. Showered, changed and brushed my hair out so it's up in a high ponytail. Lastly, I attach all my weapons and head to the kitchen. Despite wanting to train, I didn't know who to ask to join me...

As I walked into the kitchen Pain and Konan both looked at me. Pain stood behind the counter and Konan was seated with her back to me.

"Tila" Pain gave a nod in my direction. Konan turned in her chair and gave her usual faint smile.

"Do either of you have plans for today?" I asked as I sat down beside Konan, pulling a couple of slices of bread from the loaf siting on the table.

"I have the day off today," Pains voice cold. Konan looked between us.

"Unfortunately I have some things I need to do for Madara" she looked annoyed.

"I see" I replied before biting into my bread.

"Why do you ask?" Pain questioned, I shook my head before answering.

"Oh it's nothing, I just wanted to train today but didn't know if anyone would have the time to join me" I explained. Pain's eyebrow raised slightly.

"I'll train with you"

"Really? This should be interesting then," I grinned at the favourable turn of events. The side of his lip curved as though he was attempting to smile. But, I just sort of stared at him. It was awkward how feeble his excuse for a smile was...

"Yes I agree, shall we begin then?" Pain asked. I gave a nod as I finished off my slice of bread.

"I'll see you later then Pain, be careful Tila" Konan joked as she watched us both leave for the training room.

"I'll go easy on her, not to worry Konan," He said, peering over his shoulder at hr before exiting the kitchen from in front of me.

"You know Leader, I sort of wish you were still in charge," I confessed as we entered the training room.

"Tila, call me Pain from now on," He said, turning to face me. We were in the centre of the training room.

"If you say so Leader" I winked, he chuckled darkly then took off his cloak and threw it to the side.

"So, would you like to go first or shall I?" He mused.

"Ladies first." I giggled. His face became slightly flustered but quickly recovered his serious demeanour.

"Don't push it Tila" he grumbled, I couldn't help but giggle a little more.

___________________________

Pain and I trained for what seemed hours, our attacks and counterattacks flow smoothly, as though predicting the others next move. A ferocity to it. One that I craved in a fight.