Chapter 34 - The Broken

Chapter 34

Ivory Chance's POV

"When should we start?" A deep masculine voice speaks beside me. A voice that does not sound like Nikola's or that of his pack mates.

My head felt like splitting into half and my mouth dry as the dessert. I tried popping my eyes open but to no avail they stay shut shrouding me in darkness. My body felt so heavy and tired. 

Where the fuck am I? And why do I feel so weak?

I tried to recall what happened. I remember being in the cabin with Nikola, becoming his for life, meeting Cassie --

Oh shit.

Now I remember. I tried to run after Nikola not knowing that Canter was stalking me. Waiting for the opportunity that I would be all alone and unguarded.

Fuck. How could I be so stupid?

Warm hands touched my shoulders and I shudder. It didn't feel right to be touched by someone that is not Nikola. I knew that the person who spoke was Canter, no one would be stupid enough to kidnap me. Not when I was mated to the most powerful werewolf in South America.

"Hold her down. Don't let her move or sit up. Throughout the entire process she must be lying down," A new voice enters the room, her deep feminine voice was soothing to hear. It was like her voice could calm your nerves. "Oh and make sure that your contact with her does not break, do you get me?" She commands.

Canter's grip on my shoulders tighten. "Oh trust me, I'm never letting her go."

I wanted to barf. Hearing him say dumb shit really disgusts me. Not after what he did to me.

"Then we can now start." 

The atmosphere suddenly shifts from serious to something I cannot describe. It almost feel illegal, dark and deadly.

The lady started muttering words I could not understand and felt like something was poking inside my head.

Wake up. Open your goddamn eyes Ivory!

I will myself to move. To scream. Or to do anything. 

Like sensing my frustrations Canter strokes my hair. "You'll be okay my love. Soon you'll be mine again." He tries to soothe me.

What the actual fuck?

And with that I had enough strength to open my eyes. 

The room dimly lit. Walls gray and mossy. I take a deep breath and notice the room smells of burning candles. I look around and saw my body surrounded by candles.

I move my head to the right and saw the owner of the soothing female voice. Her eyes were close, lips speaking words I could not understand. Her long black hair was pushed back, pale skin glistening and lean figure swaying side to side. Sensing eyes on her she opened her eyes and I gasp.

Her eyes was white as paper. No pupils. My. body jerks and want's to sit up but I was frozen in fear. 

"Canter, make sure she doesn't get up or this will fail," She growls out. "If this fails then she dies."

Suddenly Canter was in front of me. His dark eyes connecting with mine. "Darling, you're finally awake." He reaches out and cups my face. "This will be over soon, I promise." He was now holding my hand and wanted to push him away.

I try to speak but all that came out from my useless mouth was a whimper.

Pathetic. 

The girl started to murmur again. The poking was back at it again. This time the pressure was much more stronger. My body started to heat up  and Nikola's mark started to burn.