Chapter 4- Half Human. Half Wolf

To say shock would be an understatement. I mean a person like him hanging out in a library is a very rare thing to see now a days. I was frozen in my spot, just staring at him. Like he could feel my stare he turn to look at me and his face was pure horror.

Why he was horrified? I don't know. Maybe because he wouldn't be caught dead in the library.

"Come here!" He hiss at me. Without being said twice, I followed him. What was the school's jock doing in the library. So far in classes I have with him, he doesn't seem to interested about school and now seeing him here in the library just gave me the shock of my life.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me. I give him the 'are you serious?' look.

"Can't a girl go to public libraries?" I answer. "What are you doing here?" He right hand clutches something, then it hit me.

God, why am I so blind? He was clutching a book, it's cover said Confession of a Shopaholic. I could feel my cheeks bloating, trying to hold in a laughter. This is by far the greatest thing that happened to me at my stay in Paradise. A guy, a popular jock was reading this, and so far this is one of the most girliest book I have ever read.

"Why is you're face all bloaty?" He asks, confusion clear on his face. I tried shaking my head but the laughter spilled from my lips before I could stop it. He soon realize why I was laughing and he hid the book behind his back.

"Ahw! No need to be shy! I liked the movie!" I try comforting him but to no avail he was still embarrassed. His face was flush and he wouldn't meet me in the eye. "And here I thought you were a stong and masculine guy. Thanks for ruining my image of you." I pat him in the shoulder. I was about to walk away when he grab my wrist.

"Wait!" He frantically calls out. "You're not going to tell anyone are you?" He was nervous. Oh, this day can't get any better.

"Hmm," I tap my chin. Pay backs a bitch. "Nah, I think I'll tell some of my friends." Like I have one!

"Dont! Don't do that!" He tugs me closer to him. "I- I'll do anything." He pleads.

Now that made me feel like a terrible person. "Anything?" I ask. He nods his head. "Well, I want you and your jocks to stop looking for me."

"Deal!" He stuck his hand out and I shook it. "Names Chris Hastings."

"Ivory Chance." And with that, we parted ways. Me going to the romance section and him going to a secluded spot so he can read his book.

* * *

"Ain't fun! Living in the real world!" I sing as I walk out from the library, so far I found three books that I might read in my next visit. It's been two hours since I arrived and the sun is slowly sinking. "Ain't it good! Being all al-" I stop mid song. A rustle echoes through the street, I look towards the forrest to see dark green eyes following my every move.

I was about to run away from the weird and creepy eyes, but it emerge from the bushes, it's massive form almost dwarfing me. It was the horse wolf! Was it going to eat her? No! I'm to young to die!

"Good wolfie! Now, don't come any near or Imma bash your big ass head to the ground." Wrong move. It growled at me and started to move towards me. "Holy SHIT!" I scream. Without another glance at the approaching creature I run for my life.

Why am I such a bad luck?

* * *

"Honey?" Dad calls out from the kitchen. I slam the door shut and slump on the floor. God, it took me almost an hour to reach home and I was runnning like a lunatic! I bet the neighboors thought I was a crazy girl running for nothing.

After regaining my breath I stand up and grab my backpack. "It's my dad. Going to take a shower." Without waiting for a reply I walk to my room. I could feel my clothes clinging to me because of the sweat. Kicking my door open I hurridly took off my clothes and throw it at the laundry basket.

My room is so girly. It screamed PINK! Every inch of the walls are painted hot pink and I hate pink. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I like pink. Even my bed sheets were pink. Nice going dad, always stereotyping girls! The good thing about my room was the forrest view and my own bathroom.

Speaking of bathrooms I quickly trail the bathroom, turn on the shower and jump into the water.

After ten minutes of showering under warm water, I dry myself and dress up my night wear, which consists of a baggy football shirt and shorts.

"Ivory! Dinners ready." Dad calls out from downstairs.

"Be down in a second." Rubbing my hair dry I quickly throw it at the hamper and run downstairs.

The smell of lasanga quickly assulted my nose. Oh, my fav! Dad was already seated the round dinning table, there were only three chairs and I sat closes to the lasanga. I quickly get a huge portion of it and stuff the yummy goodness.

"So how was first day of class?"Dad casually starts the conversation while stuffing food in his mouth.

If good means getting shoved, money got stolen and almost killed by three jocks. Then yeah I had a good day.

"It's was alright." I shrug my shoulders and contiue stuffing food in my mouth.

"Any friends?" He asks.

"None so far." And then we became silent. You see, after years of being separated, my dad and I have this weird aura were if alone in a room we always fall in a awkward silence. "How's research going? With the vampires?" I know, I sound crazy. But that's his 'job' and as a good daughter I have to ask about his day too.

"That was so last month Ivory." Dad says. See? He's the type of Dad that want's to fit in with children.

"What are you doing now? I mean, since Vampires were so last month." I mimic him.

"Werewolfs." He answers, his eyes glinting with amazement. While I on the other hand almost choke on my lasanga.

"Huh?" I ask, still in shock.

"Werewolfs Ivory." He says, exasperated. "Half human, half wolf." I'm not dumb father.

Rolling my eyes. I drink my water. "So you're saying that werewolves exists?" He nods his head. "And currently their living in this town?" I ask.

"Yes. There are alot of werewolf across the globe. But," His tone got lower, like what he was about to say next was the biggest news yet. "The pack that resides here at Paradise are the oldest, strongers, and first werewolves to ever roam on earth."

"Okay." I prolong the word. With that our conversation ended.

I think- NO! My father is utterly crazy. I mean from vampires to werewolfs?

"I can see that you don't believe me." He suddenly breaks my train of thought.

"What- Of c-" He cut me off.

"I'll prove it you and you will be amaze!" He promise.

Can't wait for that to happen.

This chapter. Ehh. Meaning. I HATE IT! But it is needed in the story, this is were everything starts to go crazy in Ivory's life!! Please bear with the sucky chapter, I promise the later chapters would be great.

Please vote and comment to show your support <3