Chapter 2- People in Paradise

"Are you excited Ivory?" As my feet touch the last step of the stairs I glare my at my dad.

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever." I relpy. After arriving Paradise my Father and I immediately unpacked my stuff and arrange my room, which by the way I didn't need his help cause I was a big girl now. But he insisted, saying that it could be a start of a father and daughter bond.

"At least try to be excited for me.'' Dad sighs while pouring coffee in his "I'm SUAVE" mug. Oh god, my dad was one of those 'trying to be cool oldies'. "On the bright side, people of Paradise are very friendly, one step on Paradise high and everyone would come frockling to your side, trying to be your friend." Dad smiles at me, maybe he want to assure me that it wasn't a bad idea living with him for a year.

Letting out a sigh, I smile at him. "I hope so."

Grabbing a toasted bread and bacon on the counter I saw Dad grab a set of keys in the island. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He grabs his mug and downs it in one gulp. Yikes, that must have burned.

Grabbing my bag on the floor, I walk towards the door. Dad was still getting his things for work and double check that the windows were locked, after all those he want out, lock the door and head towards the truck me following him.

Our house was two storey and was painted ocean blue, there were picket fence surrounding the house. The porch had a set for swing where you can eat and read a book, but the best part of the house was the backyard, it was surrounded by trees, lots of it and it was my bedroom view.

Last night before I went to sleep, I just stared at the green lush. Such mesmerizing view.

"So Ivory, heard that you liked to write." Dad starts the conversation.

"Yeah," I pause looking at the red ligt turn to green. "I used to work at the school paper in my old school. I was quite a hit." I brag.

"That sounds really good," He turn the radio on and a soft country music starts playing in the background."You know, Paradise High has a school paper guild, you could always try out." He suggets. My ears perk up at hearing this.

Now that sound interesting. "I'll think about it."

Then we fell silent, I started humming to the song. We came to a stop and a Ferrari stop beside us. Woah, didn't Paradise was crawling with rich kids. I look out at the window to see the driver looking at me intensly. My mouth went dry.

Oh my fucking god! He was the epitome of gorgeous!

Dark forest green eyes, strong jaw that had a tint of stubble, perfect nose and midnight black hair that reached just above his eyes. And he was staring at me. I was in a daze, it was like it was only me and him against the world, I could stare at those green orbs for days.

Snapping out of my daze, I look at my Dad to see him talking to himself- or maybe to me.

"- I hope you really have a nice stay here." Dad says nervously. The car started to move again and we pass by a large building. He nudge his head at the direction. "Heard too that you like to read." He states, it was like he read my profile or some sort.

"So?" I trail off.

"That's the library, has every book you could find!" Oh, now Paradise starting to grow on me. By the looks of the Library, my Dad was not lying. After a few minutes we came to a stop at a huge red brick building. People were milling in and out of the entrance and cars were being park.  "Well, here we are. Text me if classes are done." Nodding my head, I hope off the car.