Chapter 12- A possessive Alpha

"What the hell is wrong with you Richard!" I hear my mom scream at my father. I cringe away from my door and take a deep breath.

It's happening again. The screams, the fight, then the breaking of things. I could already feel tears forming and I tried to hold them back but to no avail it fell anyway. I hated feeling like this, like I couldn't do anything but cry like a useless girl I am.

"Cynthia, have you no trust with your own husband?" I could hear something shattering from down below and I muffle a sob with my hand.

"As of now, I don't!" Another crash. "Do you really expect me to believe you? With this silly thin you call research!" Another crash, this time it was much bigger.

Their fights never got this worse. It all started when I was four and my father had announced that he quitted his job as a bank manager to be in a research group that specialize supernaturals. My mom got angry that she didn't talk to him for days, but as weeks go by dad convinced her that his research were true and I guess mom being in love with dad just believed him.

But mom had enough. Last week, dad told mom that he wanted to take me to Europe to go hunt so Lord Vampire and that's where she drew the line. This is why there are screaming and crashing downstairs.

"Honey, plea-" But dad was cut off.

"I want a divorce!" Mom blurts out. "And Ivory is going to be in my custody." She chokes.

I could feel my heart stop. A divorce? Mom wants a divorce? But- but I thought they wanted to be together forever. That's what dad always told me, that nobody and nothing can separate him and mom.

Was it all lies?

"W- what?" My dad stutter out. "You want a divorce?" This time he ask firmly.

"Yes" I could hear mom sigh. "I'm so tired Rich, so tired of this." I could already picture mom rubbing her temples.

My eyes were burning and throat was clogging up. Please fight for her dad, please fight for your 12 years of marriage!

A loud bang echoed through the house. A scream was followed.

"Richard! Stop it!" My mom pleads were muffled by her cries. What was happening? IS dad alright? "You're hurting yourself!" She cries out.

"Nothing hurts more than your wife leaving you Cynthia!" He growls out with anger. Another bang echoes through our house. "I loved you! I still love you now!"

Then everything went silent, if a pin was to be drop then I'm pretty sure I could hear it.

"I still love you too, Rich. But I just can't take this anymore. I'm tired, tired of fighting." She sobs out. "Tired of fighting for your sanity to come back." That last part I could feel my heart breaking too. Mom and I knew that Dad was slowly going crazy. "And if you truly still love me," A sobs rocks my moms voice. "Then please sign the papers."

"Alright." He faintly said. My heart literally stops and the tears I was holding back were now falling freely from face. Is this really happening? Are they finally calling quits? I felt something break inside me, something that can't be fixable at all. "I'll sign the papers."

                                             *                                                 *                                                  *