Chapter 27 - Anxiously Waiting

Vanessa's POV

I had my arm wrapped around Addison, who had her head laid on my shoulder. I knew she was awake because she had her beautiful eyes open. I was honestly starting to wonder when she will mark me as hers. Well, technically I am already hers but there had to be some proof. I kissed the top of her head. "It feels absolutely magical...and strange." she said, before I watched her lean her head against the pillow. 

"What do you mean, flower?" I asked her. "Being a vampire and being a mate. When you marked me, I never felt so much thrill before." she replied, before she let out a small yawn. "Thrill? Don't you mean pleasure?" I asked with a small chuckle. 

"Y...Yeah. I guess so." Was there something wrong? 

I placed my hand gently against her cheek, leaning my head down against the pillow too. We have been doing this love session for a couple of hours, so we were both quite tired. Yes, vampires do get tired after their moment with their loved one. 

"I think you should go to sleep, my little flower. You need some rest for tomorrow as I got something else planned for you." I told her which made her eyes look up. That got her interested. "What is it?" she asked me. I gave her a small smile before she then turned her back to me. I hope she doesn't mind me doing this, but I had to make sure that she was still happy with me...

I closed my eyes before focusing on my mate's current thoughts. Please let it be good...

"I want to mark her on the next blood moon, but I don't know what to do! Will this natural instinct show up when the time is right? I am so confused!" 

I then immediately opened my eyes, actually being close to tears for this poor woman. She was confused about marking me at the right time. There isn't really a 'right time'. She can do it at any time during our love sessions. About her natural instinct, it will come into action when she wants to do it. But wait a minute, it would be her first blood moon as a vampire...

When it was my first time as a vampire, I just felt hungry all of the time and drank from my two servants who sadly didn't make it. I didn't even think about having a mate to deal with that uncontrollable feeling of lust. I had no choice but to ignore it at the time. 

Enough about that. I still had to take care of Addison until the next blood moon arrives. 

Unfortunately, I had no idea when. It could be a few more days, or maybe less than that. Shit...

// Hoping that this chapter makes some sense. I am not in the right mind at the moment as my mum's birthday will be coming up on Saturday.